Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum...however my question is, I am rebuilding the rear suspension on my 64 Vette Resto Mod, 427 SBC and Muncie 4-speed, not doing any racing just want a nice ride & show car with mild street performance, should I change rear spring to fiberglass or coil over & shock set-up..?

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
Welcome to SV... Coil overs are more $$ , look cool , easily adjustable and are great for racing.. If you have unlimited funds for this build, go for it. If not, the glass transverse Monoleaf is still a good quiet option as long as you don t get too stiff .... Put up some pics as you build .. you need 10 posts to upload pics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the quick reply and advice, I will stick to my original plan swapping out for a glass transverse mono leaf. Would you also change all bushings out to poly instead of original factory rubber, I want to eliminate alot of rear axle rotation when accelerate hard but yet not create too stiff of a ride ? Also hope to post some pics as I am allowed to do so.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
I would definitely go poly ... If you want to speed up your post count so you can put up pics, just do a few one word posts in a row.. I d like to see your project.. .. My first Corvette, 42 years ago was a '66 Convertible ... LOVED that car!

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
Steeroids is widely used and I ve not heard any issues.. If you go Big Brakes, you ll need Big wheels 18 or 19 inch to clear .. I hope you have a big budget for this. What kind of gear ratio do you plan to use ?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
If he goes C5 brakes , all he'll need are 17" wheels

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Currently not sure what gear ratio the car is set-up with figured dig into that once start rebuilding the rear suspension, plans , are 3.42 ratio.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts