Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm trying to find what the proper valve adjustment for both the intake and exhaust. it's a 327 solid lifter fuelie....thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's .008" intake and .012" exhaust unless the camshaft has been changed.
Thank you for the response, after alot of detective work we were able to determine that it is a 097 cam which calls for .08 and .018 for the adjustment. I had the engine built for the 340hp 327 and thats the same cam for the FI 327. I was able to use a dial indicator as a back up to measure how close it was and after a margine of error and some math many times over it was really close. So for now thats what we were able to determine. Thanks again

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
Thank you for the response, after alot of detective work we were able to determine that it is a 097 cam which calls for .08 and .018 for the adjustment. I had the engine built for the 340hp 327 and thats the same cam for the FI 327. I was able to use a dial indicator as a back up to measure how close it was and after a margine of error and some math many times over it was really close. So for now thats what we were able to determine. Thanks again
The 3736097 cam called for .012" and .018" and the 3736098 cam called for .008" and .018"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I put it back together at .012 and .018 adjustments and it started quicker then it ever has....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts