Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Vette Gurus,

New to the hobby and I'm working on my '75 Stingray 4 speed stick. Just found a '79 Camaro auto trans in the wrecking yard and it has a V8 with a 2 barrel set-up (305 engine?). Will the Camaro intake manifold and carb be a bolt-on project to the small block 75 Vette that I have?

Thanks in advance!

75sticktray
Toronto

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Hello Vette Gurus,

New to the hobby and I'm working on my '75 Stingray 4 speed stick. Just found a '79 Camaro auto trans in the wrecking yard and it has a V8 with a 2 barrel set-up (305 engine?). Will the Camaro intake manifold and carb be a bolt-on project to the small block 75 Vette that I have?

Thanks in advance!

75sticktray
Toronto

So what does your '75 have on it now? A 4-barrel QuadraJet? Yes, the 2-barrel manifold will bolt on with no problems. Is there any particular reason you want to put a 2-barrel on it? The QuadraJet will give you slightly better fuel mileage and a lot more power so I would stay with what you already (I assume) have now.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
my question is why would you want to? the stock q-jet will out perform the little 2bbl by a mile and will also get better fuel economy.. the small primaries on the q-jet are more efficient than the 2bbl. I see no upside to that swap at all. tho it will fit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts