Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning we were tipped about a "mystery" Corvette or Camaro that will be auctioned this weekend at Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach. After digging around the interwebs and firing off a bunch of emails, it was our tweet to Corvette PR rep David Caldwell who confirmed that the 2012 Chevrolet on Barrett-Jackson's run list was indeed a special edition Corvette.

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2011/04/06/breaking-special-edition-2012-chevy-100-year-anniversary-corvette-to-be-auctioned-at-barrett-jackson-palm-beach/?utm_campaign=corvetteblogger&utm_source=digitalcorvettes&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=0406011_2012corvette

The auction of the 2012 Corvette is scheduled for Saturday. Chevy will release more details about the Special Edition Corvette later this week.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rick Hendrick bought the #100 Centennial Corvette Z06 at Barrett-Jackson, phoning in his bid of $175,000. This one will be parked next to the 2011 Carbon Edition Z06 he bought last year. His garage is going to look badass.

He got some goodies with it too. Corvette Racing VIP at Petit Le Mans, Engine Build Experience and Museum Delivery.

Here is video of the sale:

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2011/04/09/video-2012-centennial-edition-corvette-z06-100-sells-at-barrett-jackson-for-175000/?utm_campaign=corvetteblogger&utm_source=smokinvette&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=040911_centennial

·
Registered
703 Posts
"Badass"??? DUMBass !!!

So for an extra $100,000 Rick got some stripes and decals? Oh yeah ......... REAL badass........... NOT! I thought there was hope for GM and that maybe they realized stripes and decals do not a special model make, but now I know better. I cannot even accept that crap for Indy 500 Pace Cars, thinking those should have an engine upgrade for what they are supposed to do. Sad..... Stripes and decals ....... ooo-ooooooooo

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
gotta agree
for a centennial car , it should be special , not bold new graphics , to borrow a Dirt Bike term

1 - 6 of 6 Posts