Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It can’t be a hole in the exhaust, since it works fine at first. After a little while the exhaust gets very loud. Is there something that opens and closes on it? I have the exhaust that gives it 6 additional HP.

Any ideas what the issue may be?

Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It can’t be a hole in the exhaust, since it works fine at first. After a little while the exhaust gets very loud. Is there something that opens and closes on it? I have the exhaust that gives it 6 additional HP.

Any ideas what the issue may be?

Thank you.
What year Vette?
Is the "feature" at idle or at all RPM?
Sounds like there is an exhaust baffle that is changing orientation to change exhaust gas flow, which would be where that extra 6hp comes from.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year Vette?
Is the "feature" at idle or at all RPM?
Sounds like there is an exhaust baffle that is changing orientation to change exhaust gas flow, which would be where that extra 6hp comes from.
2008 Once the exhaust gets loud...it stays loud, until I drive it another day. It seems to me something is staying open or closed to cause the loudness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guys are you serious? Everyone knows the exhaust on certain C6’s come with vacuum actuated baffles on the inner two pipes. Pull the fuse so they stay OPEN AND LOUD ALL THE TIME!

·
Registered
10 Posts
How do I know if my 2009 C6 is equipped with this type exhaust and which fuse do you pull? What is it labeled as? And will it effect any other option?

·
Registered
4 Posts
How do I know if my 2009 C6 is equipped with this type exhaust and which fuse do you pull? What is it labeled as? And will it effect any other option?
Look to see if you have baffles on the inner pipes of your C6. If you own a Grand Sport or any other high performance non standard Vette then you have the baffles. Just Google which fuse it is. It’s not rocket science. ZO6, ZR1, you got EM!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Look to see if you have baffles on the inner pipes of your C6. If you own a Grand Sport or any other high performance non standard Vette then you have the baffles. Just Google which fuse it is. It’s not rocket science. ZO6, ZR1, you got EM!
Hey Einstein. I don't think you understood my question?. Example. #1 maybe for the lights and radio? #2 maybe for seats and dashboard? Etc, etc. What nomenclature should I look for? Exhaust deadner? .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts