Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I can not drive with the radio on. The buzzing noise is to loud. I never had this problem until I took it to the dealer. They did some repairs. Got the car back and the loud buzzing noise when you turn the radio on. I took it back to them and they said there was nothig they can do. What can I do to get ride of the noise? Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
Greetings, I can not drive with the radio on. The buzzing noise is to loud. I never had this problem until I took it to the dealer. They did some repairs. Got the car back and the loud buzzing noise when you turn the radio on. I took it back to them and they said there was nothing they can do. What can I do to get ride of the noise? Any suggestions? Thanks

The buzz is most likely coming from your ignition system or your alternator. There is a condenser inside of your distributor (attached to your module) but I don't know what it's for. It might be for noise suppression. And there is also a condenser inside of your alternator. If you're hearing a tick tick tick tick tick tick then you have a bad plug wire that is shorting to ground or a leaky distributor cap.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Does your radio buzz with the car in accesssory mode also? If it does, then it 's probably your radio. If it's only with the engine running then do as toobroke says. Check the capacitors for the Ign., Alt. Also check the antennae lead. Check the ground for the radio also. If your radio is grounded thru the ant. lead only it will buzz too.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
First time I heard a buzzing noise was when I first bought my '92. On the drive back I heard a buzzing noise. I then smelled burning electronics and I then saw smoke coming from the hatch. One of the amps fried.....followed by the next and then followed by the other 2. I would turn the radio on and all you hear is a buzz.

My current radio set up is my exhaust....(which isn't anything to complain about :thumbsup3:)

So check your amps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts