Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Power antenna sensor wire???. I have a 1985 c4 when I got the car the antenna was stuck in the up position. Today I tried to put a new antenna in and turned the radio on to have the antenna keep running in the up position until the ribbon broke. Plus if you turn off the radio the antenna wont come back down. I am thinking maybe there are some crossed wires behind the radio,or is there a sensor that tells the antenna when to stop and when to go back down. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks. Bill e-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
757 Posts
There is only one wire from the radio that goes to a relay under the rear center trim panel under the hatch. That relay triggers the antenna motor to go up or down. The antenna fully extending or retracting is what stops it's travel.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is only one wire from the radio that goes to a relay under the rear center trim panel under the hatch. That relay triggers the antenna motor to go up or down. The antenna fully extending or retracting is what stops it's travel.
Ok thanks witch wire is it behind the radio is it the pink wire. This is a upgraded bose delco radio in a 1985 c4 do you tap in the antenna trigger wire into the pink wire in front of the wire cluster or the back of the harness cluster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts