Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
I’m restoring my 1977 vette and just cracked my dash pad. “Upper”. The main one beneath the windshield with speakers under it.
It cracked 5 inches left of center and the crack is about 6 inches long.
Should I recover it?
Should I get only a used original GM one?
Does anyone make a quality looking and long lasting replica?
I’ve been burned on replica dash pads for other cars in the past.
Who should I go to?
Thanks Brad

·
Registered
9,852 Posts
Best Vendors

Hi everyone.
I’m restoring my 1977 vette and just cracked my dash pad. “Upper”. The main one beneath the windshield with speakers under it.
It cracked 5 inches left of center and the crack is about 6 inches long.
Should I recover it?
Should I get only a used original GM one?
Does anyone make a quality looking and long lasting replica?
I’ve been burned on replica dash pads for other cars in the past.
Who should I go to?
Thanks Brad

Places like Eckler's, Corvette Central, and Rik's deal only in top-of-the-line reproductions so I would go with one of them.

·
Registered
305 Posts
If your not restoring your car to original you can just get a dash mat for around $40.00 from carbytes.com They come in many colors and easy to install. There are also many other mfg. of dash mats. Just Google dash mats and you will find many listed...............Good Luck with your project and welcome to the best Corvette forum around..........

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not looking for a rug or mat to put over the top. they always look bad. I've heard now that Al Knoch makes the BEST reproduction Dash. But I may get a good used one . there is a correct color used one on ebay for around $300 shipped.
Brad

·
Registered
305 Posts
Out here in the Southwest most everyone uses the dash mat to protect there dash from the Sun.......Al Knoch makes very good stuff. I have been to there factory which is just outside El Paso, Tx.... I have purchased several items from them and they do good work. I got my new door panels from them and they installed them for me too......I see Al Knoch has new pads for $325...........I would be leary of a used one.......IMO.............Good Luck with your restore project Brad...........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts