Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor just showed me his 1961 vette that has been in a shed for 13 years,it has 4 flat tires and bumpers rusted.he says that there is a little frame damage,it needs a lot of work,he says the engine is not froze,my question is he want 20000.00 but says he is a little flexible.is the car worth it I don’t plan on restoring it but putting new tires on and try to get it running and new brakes and just drive it. I don’t want a show car.
What are your thoughts,the worst scenario is frame needs to be swapped out and there are a few original ones on eBay for 4500 to 5000.thanks jimbo

·
Registered
2 Posts
on 2003 vet conv. 16000 miles. check engine light 410. PCV air valve blockage. Was told 1/2 can of Sea Foam in gas and 1/2 in engine oil, drive for aprox. 50 miles, clear code, what do you think?

·
Super Moderator
5,951 Posts
My neighbor just showed me his 1961 vette that has been in a shed for 13 years,it has 4 flat tires and bumpers rusted.he says that there is a little frame damage,it needs a lot of work,he says the engine is not froze,my question is he want 20000.00 but says he is a little flexible.is the car worth it I don’t plan on restoring it but putting new tires on and try to get it running and new brakes and just drive it. I don’t want a show car.
What are your thoughts,the worst scenario is frame needs to be swapped out and there are a few original ones on eBay for 4500 to 5000.thanks jimbo
Find out the extent of frame damage. are we talking bent frame or rusted out frame. It does sound like the price is good depending on the frame

1 - 3 of 3 Posts