Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 1998 Corvette Hard Top.
For some reason they last driver put 245/40ZR18/93W Nitto Extreme ZR on the front and 275/40ZR18/103W on the back.
What is this going to do in light of the fact that the front should have 17's

What should the tire pressure be on the front and back with these tire sizes?

Thank you for the help. New to this, I am sure I will have more questions later.

·
Registered
518 Posts
First off, Welcome, and congrats on the new vette.

18's on the front are not a problem as long as the aspect ratio of the tire is changed; so that the diameter of the tire is the same (or very close to) the original size. Your stock 17's came with 45 series tires. So moving up to 18's with a 40 series tires should not pose a problem.

Tires pressure should not change from original specs. (30 psi)

here's a good calculator for figuring tire diameters. http://www.csgnetwork.com/tiresizescalc.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Mark, I am heading out on a 885 mile drive. Not going to have time to put the sensors in before I leave but the tire presure info will help. Are you saying I should follow whats on the door jam no matter the tire size? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Mark, I am heading out on a 885 mile drive. Not going to have time to put the sensors in before I leave but the tire presure info will help. Are you saying I should follow whats on the door jam no matter the tire size? Thanks
That calculator worked great, who ever put those tires on did it right.
The old Tire diamator was 25.681, the new one is 25.717
The old circumferance was 80.679, the new one is 80.792
Not bad, thank you again.

·
Registered
518 Posts
You're welcome, and yes, just follow the psi that is posted on the door jambs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts