Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I bought a clean little 88 Corvette for my 62nd birthday. It is basically stock with the factory 16" wheels.
I'm finding it to be a chore to find tires to replace the stock 16's. A neighbor down the street has a set of 17" wheels that came on his 93'. Would these fit my 88' OK or would I have to have spacers?
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all

I have a 1988 with 17" wheels---no spacers
275 x 40 tires
Thanks guys. I felt it wouldn't need them since the 17's were an option in 88. Thought I better be sure before I made a monetary transaction.

It's amazing how far out of the loop you get when you're out of hot roding for thirty years.

·
Registered
836 Posts
17" wheels

I have a 88 Z-51 & they came on the vette New ! 9.5 Wide Put some B.F. Goodrichs Sports on er & they R 10.94 Wide tires ! :thumbsup3: :woowoo:

·
Registered
836 Posts
17" Wheels !

Hey guys. I bought a clean little 88 Corvette for my 62nd birthday. It is basically stock with the factory 16" wheels.
I'm finding it to be a chore to find tires to replace the stock 16's. A neighbor down the street has a set of 17" wheels that came on his 93'. Would these fit my 88' OK or would I have to have spacers?
Thanks for any input.
Almost Forgot!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :thumbsup3:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts