Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new member here. Got my Torch Red 03 last year and applied the nylon spacer seat fix to get rid of the rocking. One of the cast pot metal fittings on the bottom of the seat that holds the rear silver colored transverse support rod snapped in two. Tried to have it welded at a local shop and it immediately puddled. Had a machinist/welder make me a copy out of steel and it is now back together. It was pretty cheap because I know the guy ($75). How can you get parts like these for repairs? The dealer would gladly sell me the whole seat for around $600 and all I needed was this part. Great cars! This is my first one and it is always a blast to drive. It runs great and kicks butt on acceleration. It will also go econo if you want. Got it up to 33mpg on a 400 mile trip using cruise, 6th gear and sticking on 58mph. I was amazed at that! Occasionally gets a "service the traction contol" warning which goes away after turning it off and waiting a few minutes. Anyone know what would cause this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
:iagree:
Mine did the same and it didn't throw a code until a month later. I ended up needing a "Steering Wheel Position Sensor". There are so many sensors in the Traction Control network. Hopefully yours will throw a code so you can isolate the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts