• Corvette Forum
  • Login to Corvette Forums
  • SmokinVette.com
  • About SmokinVette.com
  • Corvette Forum
  • Corvette Gallery
  • Corvette Parts
  • Corvette Yellow Pages
SmokinVette.com Forums : Corvette Forums : C6 Corvette Forums : C6 Corvette General Discussion : Headers for 07 Z06?
C6 Corvette General Discussion
2005 + Corvettes Sponsored by
B&M Racing

Old 01-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
JAY84C4
Smokin Member

Default Headers for 07 Z06?

One shop is recommending American Racing, the other Kooks, any suggestions?
Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
Ragtop 99
Smokin 1000HP Twin Turbo Club

Both are solid brands and produce nearly identical gains. If you trust one shop more to do the install and tune, that's how I'd chose. If that's a tie, go by price. Lots of internet retailers make prices competitive on the name brands. A car with headers and a proper tune are going to make same power from shop to shop if you are dealing with an experience C6 shop.

I'd actually toss LG in the mix too. LG's 1.75" design had a little more mid range gain than other brands. I run those (same model as used for the Z06). The 1.875" headers are all nearly identical due to space constraints. Pfadt recently introduced some new headers that look very nice. While they are known for suspension work which is top notch, I'd feel very comfortable buying their headers if they are competitively priced.
2002 Camaro SS Droptop. cam, gears, etc.
11 sec 99 Z28 Vert, RIP.
Ragtop 99 is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:36 AM   #3
2vettes
Smokin 5000HP+ Posting Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
Both are solid brands and produce nearly identical gains. If you trust one shop more to do the install and tune, that's how I'd chose. If that's a tie, go by price. Lots of internet retailers make prices competitive on the name brands. A car with headers and a proper tune are going to make same power from shop to shop if you are dealing with an experience C6 shop.

I'd actually toss LG in the mix too. LG's 1.75" design had a little more mid range gain than other brands. I run those (same model as used for the Z06). The 1.875" headers are all nearly identical due to space constraints. Pfadt recently introduced some new headers that look very nice. While they are known for suspension work which is top notch, I'd feel very comfortable buying their headers if they are competitively priced.
Looks like solid advice.
'05 black C6 vert, MN6, Z51, 1SB, NAV, red Kooks LT headers, 4" quad Corsa Extremes, DSVettes red & ebony leather interior, diamond plate floors, air-brushed fire flames, Lingenfelter supercharged, hi-rise scooped hood, Z06 chrome wheels & wide booty, chin splitter & side skirts, rollbar & G-Force racing harnesses, LED taillights, boost & fuel pressure gauges, red Katech valve covers & coil relo kit. & 2013 NRBM 427 convertible
2vettes is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Share This Thread
  • Submit Thread to Digg
  • Submit Thread to del.icio.us
  • Submit Thread to Facebook
  • Submit Thread to StumbleUpon
  • Submit Thread to MySpace
  • Submit Thread to Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Google