• Corvette Forum
  • Login to Corvette Forums
  • SmokinVette.com
  • About SmokinVette.com
  • Corvette Forum
  • Corvette Gallery
  • Corvette Parts
  • Corvette Yellow Pages
SmokinVette.com Forums : Corvette Forums : C3 Corvette Forums : C3 Corvette General Discussion : any thoughts are appreciated
C3 Corvette General Discussion
1968 - 1982 Corvettes Sponsored by
XS Power

Old 12-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
kisuke
Smokin Member

Default any thoughts are appreciated

hello im new to this site but currently im the proud owner of a 1977 corvette stingray she sat for awhile and wasnt in the best conditions ive made it to where she runs and can be driven but i need to redo the interior and paint. but im 16 and new to all this stuff so could i get some suggestions on where to find things cheap and just some general advice?

thanks.
Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
toobroketoretire
Smokin 5000HP+ Posting Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisuke View Post
hello im new to this site but currently im the proud owner of a 1977 corvette stingray she sat for awhile and wasnt in the best conditions ive made it to where she runs and can be driven but i need to redo the interior and paint. but im 16 and new to all this stuff so could i get some suggestions on where to find things cheap and just some general advice?

thanks.

All of the parts are readily available from many different vendors but they're not cheap. If you're able to do a majority of the work yourself you'll save a lot of money but you'll need a good set of basic hand tools and a good shop manual will help.

In this forum we have a number of very knowledgeable people and they will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

What exactly do you need for it's interior?
toobroketoretire is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:59 AM   #3
imariver
Smokin Member

If it's cheap your looking for, there are a million sources out there just begging for your business. If your a "proud owner" you won't use that word again and take the advice of of the people on this forum. Good quality parts, from reputable vendors will cost you less in the long run.
I don't have the habit of plugging any vendors, but....... I have had good experiences with Wilcox and or Corvette Central.
imariver is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:15 AM   #4
MIKE80
Smokin 200HP Club

Buy an "Assembly Instruction Manual" from Corvette Central. I took my vette totally apart and put it back together just using the manual and forums for help.
MIKE80 is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:34 AM   #5
Lethal Tendencies
Agent

First it's nice to hear that there are still 16 years olds interested in cars. Basically learning to do the work yourself will save a ton of money. Luckily interior work is some of the easiest. You can also find a mechanic or body shop guy that may be willing to barter wih you. Good luck , welcome to smokinvette and hopefully we can help too

'77 coupe(sold) '86 coupe(sold)'98 vert (sold) '00 coupe( sold ) '85 coupe( sold ) '75 Vert ( Last one ? )

http://lethalvette.blogspot.com/
Lethal Tendencies is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #6
fishslayer143@yahoo.com
Smokin 5000HP+ Posting Maniac

the words cheap and Corvette rarely go together in a sentence .. good quality parts for these classic can be pricey..many good vendors..Ecklers , Corvette Central are excellent.. welcome to SV..
fishslayer143@yahoo.com is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
C3blackvette
Smokin 200HP Club

I am not sure about the other vendors, but Wilcox has wiring diagrams and repair instructions available on their website.
C3blackvette is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #8
sting66ray
Smokin 750HP Supercharged Club

Congratulations on a nice first Vette and welcome to the forum. Will you restore to original or do a freshen-up? Once you decide that, you'll know which vendors are best suited to fit for your needs. Good luck and take / share pictures with us as your project progresses.
sting66ray is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #9
kisuke
Smokin Member

Default thanks

yea i know vettes arnt cheap but i ment like over all seeing as im 16 i dont have alot of side cash. and my dad is a fabricator i have almost every tool i would need and i plan on putting it next to stock with a few slight modifications since it is a number matching car. also i need almost everything for the interior :/
kisuke is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #10
minkus316
Smokin 50HP Club

Welcome to SV. I've heard more than once that these mid-70's vettes are not (and never will be) worth a ton of $. That being said, don't do anything because you think it will enhance resale value. Do what you want done to the car and what makes you happy with it. Best wishes on your project!
minkus316 is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Share This Thread
  • Submit Thread to Digg
  • Submit Thread to del.icio.us
  • Submit Thread to Facebook
  • Submit Thread to StumbleUpon
  • Submit Thread to MySpace
  • Submit Thread to Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Google