• Corvette Forum
  • Login to Corvette Forums
  • SmokinVette.com
  • About SmokinVette.com
  • Corvette Forum
  • Corvette Gallery
  • Corvette Parts
  • Corvette Yellow Pages
SmokinVette.com Forums : Corvette Forums : C6 Corvette Forums : C6 Corvette General Discussion : Wrecked my C6 this past Sunday
C6 Corvette General Discussion
2005 + Corvettes Sponsored by
B&M Racing

Old 11-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
Roy Zink
Smokin 300HP Club

Default Wrecked my C6 this past Sunday

Heading south on a main 3 lane road this past Sunday after playing golf. Going past an intersection that doesn't have traffic lights but people use to avoid the intersections with lights. A Ford Espedition with a utility trailer filled with lumber from Home Depot pulled out to go across the intersection to head north. He stopped his vehicle at the center median but forgot he still had the trailer behind him that was across the left southbound lane. Cars to the right of me, median to the left of me, trailer with lumber in front of me.......no place to go. Jammed on the brakes and held on..........not good enough. Knocked his trailer of his ball hitch, spilled his lumber all over US 19 and watched my front end disintigrate and my hood fly over my head like a Frisbie. No body hurt although I'm still sore. State Trooper gave him a couple of summones. He and his wife were very apologetic and he said he didn't see me because he was reaching around to pick up a toy that his grand-daughter dropped on the floor. Years ago he would have been picking his teeth up off the street but I guess I've mellowed. Actually helped him right his trailer, put his lumber back in and in the end I shook his hand and told him "We have to stop running into each other like this." The car can be fixed (I hope) but there are people in the north-east that are getting hammered with the storms, the power failures and the fires. Some of them have lost everything except the clothes on their backs. The car can be fixed. (I hope)
Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
RIGE-RNR
Smokin 2500HP Pro Road Racer

Glad your OK Bro the car can be fixed or replaced
RIGE-RNR is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
Ragtop 99
Smokin 1000HP Twin Turbo Club

Bummer to hear that.
Besides the hood, what else was damaged? Did it push the motor (torque tube issues) or possibly bend the frame?
2002 Camaro SS Droptop. cam, gears, etc.
11 sec 99 Z28 Vert, RIP.
Ragtop 99 is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
Roy Zink
Smokin 300HP Club

It's in the body shop. The insurance company was there to look at it and they had the body man take whats left of the front end off so they can check out the frame. I don't know the results yet. I'm still sore. Fiberglass doesn't bend or dent.........it shatters, splinters and explodes.
Roy Zink is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
Pappytinker
Smokin 2500HP Pro Road Racer

Sorry about your misfortune. The car can be fixed or there are other ones available. All it is is metal and fiberglass/composite and some paint. The important thing is that you are OK.

I totaled my Harley back in August on I-75 about 5 miles north of Gainesville (catastrophic sudden loss of air in the rear tire) so I know how it feels to lose a vehicle you like. I now have a new Harley I like better than the one I lost.
"Because of the one-pointed time awareness in which the conventional mind remains immersed, humans tend to think of everything in a sequential, word-oriented framework. This mental trap produces very short-term concepts of effectiveness and consequences, a condition of constant, unplanned response to crises." Liet-Kynes - Dune
Pappytinker is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
Roy Zink
Smokin 300HP Club

The main thing is no-one was seriously hurt. It's a material object that can or can't get fixed. That's what insurance is for. I still see that hood coming over my head (the top was down) like a frisbee. I ducked just in case. Thanks for everyones concern.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
vettex2
Smokin 4000HP World Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Zink View Post
. The car can be fixed. (I hope)
might be better to replace than repair
NASCAR Whelen All American Weekly Series California State Championship Crew Member (Pavement)
vettex2 is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
c6vette
Smokin 1000HP Twin Turbo Club

Glad to hear that all of you guys are ok. So true that all material objects can be fixed or replaced. Sounds like a good guy to accept responsibility as well. There are many who would not have.

Also, good of you to remember those who are less fortunate and have lost everything. Doing that helps us to see how fortunate we are, and how irrelavent most of our problems are.

Keep us posted on what the insurance co. says about the car.
2006 Blk C6 vert w/A&A Supercharger kit w/V-3 T Trim, RTech LT's w/hi-flo cats, Corsa Extreme exhaust, built .408, cam, ported LS2 heads, twin intank pumps, & DYAD CF Clutch. New dyno #'s 726rwhp/689tq
c6vette is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #9
Roy Zink
Smokin 300HP Club

Thanks to all that's concerned. Only a Corvette owner knows what it like to crash their "baby". LOL Thankfully, my wife still has hers and she reluctantly lets me drive it sometimes. Still sore though. Horrible feeling when you know you can't do something about the inevitible and you just hang on.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #10
vettex2
Smokin 4000HP World Challenge

I've changed 4 noses and 3 tails and made money on my accidents.
None were my fault and I just had 'em painted and hung 'em myself.
NASCAR Whelen All American Weekly Series California State Championship Crew Member (Pavement)
vettex2 is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Share This Thread
  • Submit Thread to Digg
  • Submit Thread to del.icio.us
  • Submit Thread to Facebook
  • Submit Thread to StumbleUpon
  • Submit Thread to MySpace
  • Submit Thread to Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Google