• Corvette Forum
  • Login to Corvette Forums
  • SmokinVette.com
  • About SmokinVette.com
  • Corvette Forum
  • Corvette Gallery
  • Corvette Parts
  • Corvette Yellow Pages
SmokinVette.com Forums : Corvette Forums : C4 Corvette Forums : C4 Corvette General Discussion : Antique plates
C4 Corvette General Discussion
1984 - 1996 Corvettes

Old 09-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
mc_883
Smokin 50HP Club

Default Antique plates

How many people have Antique plates on there
car my 85 is old enough just not sure of the benefits?

I live in PA
Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
crossflag
Smokin 400HP Club

I,m sure there are different rules depending on the state but in PA. the pros would be you wouldn,t have to get the car inspected anymore. The cons are DAYLIGHT driving only and there is a yearly mileage limit.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
Pappytinker
Smokin 2500HP Pro Road Racer

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/vehicle_code/index.shtml

1340. Antique, classic and collectible plates.
(a) General rule.--Upon submission by a vehicle owner of information satisfactory to the department that a motorcycle or motor vehicle is an antique motorcycle or motor vehicle or classic motorcycle or motor vehicle or collectible motorcycle or motor vehicle, accompanied by the appropriate fee, the department may issue special plates for the motorcycle or vehicle. The special plate for antique motor vehicles, except antique motorcycles, shall bear the designation "antique vehicle." The applicant shall provide photographic proof in a manner specified by the department to demonstrate the condition of the motor vehicle. No annual registration fee may be charged for antique, collectible or classic motorcycles or motor vehicles. A holder of the special plates may obtain replacement plates bearing the designation "antique vehicle" upon payment of the appropriate fee.
(b) Use of plates.--It is unlawful for any person to operate a motorcycle or vehicle with antique, classic or collectible registration plates for general daily transportation. Permitted use shall be limited to participation in club activities, exhibits, tours, parades, occasional transportation and similar uses. Occasional transportation shall mean no more than one day per week.
(May 30, 1990, P.L.173, No.42, eff. 60 days; Apr. 29, 1994, P.L.148, No.25, eff. 60 days; Dec. 20, 1995, P.L.669, No.75, eff. 120 days; Dec. 1, 2004, P.L.1767, No.228, eff. 60 days)
2004 Amendment. Act 228 amended subsec. (a).
Cross References. Section 1340 is referred to in sections 102, 1786, 4703 of this title.
"Because of the one-pointed time awareness in which the conventional mind remains immersed, humans tend to think of everything in a sequential, word-oriented framework. This mental trap produces very short-term concepts of effectiveness and consequences, a condition of constant, unplanned response to crises." Liet-Kynes - Dune
Pappytinker is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
skyhawk50
Smokin Member

I have an '86 with PA antique plates. No restriction as far as driving it at night (as long as it has legal lighting). Penn Dot no longer requires pictures when it's registered. Ok to drive anywhere, not to be used as a daily driver. My neighbor has 4 cars with antique title/plates and virtually drives them regularly. at least one is a true antique. I do have two other "normal" vehicles. Thought I resurrect this thread for my first post in the forum.
skyhawk50 is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
Wingnut
Smokin 100HP Club

Default Plates

Conn. 20 years old Insurance Agreed Value 6,000 miles a year pictures of car also garage where car will be stored. Must be in sight when parked, shows not a daily driver. My 96 is agreed value
Wingnut is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Share This Thread
  • Submit Thread to Digg
  • Submit Thread to del.icio.us
  • Submit Thread to Facebook
  • Submit Thread to StumbleUpon
  • Submit Thread to MySpace
  • Submit Thread to Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Google