• Corvette Forum
  • Login to Corvette Forums
  • SmokinVette.com
  • About SmokinVette.com
  • Corvette Forum
  • Corvette Gallery
  • Corvette Parts
  • Corvette Yellow Pages
SmokinVette.com Forums : Corvette Forums : C1 & C2 Corvette Forums : C1 and C2 Corvette General Discussion : Fake Big Block Corvettes
C1 and C2 Corvette General Discussion
1953 - 1967

Old 09-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
stopfakecorvettes
Smokin Member

Default Fake Big Block Corvettes

As many of you know it is becoming more and more popular for "some" people to "build fake" 1967 Corvette Big Block cars....well if anyone knows of Noel Grace of Performance Plus Corvettes in Hamilton Ohio they recently went out of business because they went bankrupt but they have opened another dealership in another name with someone else as a front man. They are calling themselves Factory Hot Rods and a rumor is ......when they left the old building alot of "extra trim tags" and putty bars for restamping blocks, transmissions, intakes etc....were found. I have heard through the grapevine the Noel Grace has been faking big block corvettes for a long time. Supposedly He has connections and has been purchasing original sheeting for GM paperwork that he gives with his cars so that the customers think they are getting real paperwork which includes POP's, tank stickers. I have also been told he is being sued by at least one former customer and most of these cars had an NCRS Top Flight Award (his cars are so good even NCRS judges didn't figure it out). I am just letting everyone know what I heard because the more these fake cars are sold the less valueable the real ones become. There are ways of telling if your car is fake if you know what to look for. If anyone has any information to add please feel free to contact me.
Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
msledge50
Smokin 200HP Club

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopfakecorvettes View Post
As many of you know it is becoming more and more popular for "some" people to "build fake" 1967 Corvette Big Block cars....well if anyone knows of Noel Grace of Performance Plus Corvettes in Hamilton Ohio they recently went out of business because they went bankrupt but they have opened another dealership in another name with someone else as a front man. They are calling themselves Factory Hot Rods and a rumor is ......when they left the old building alot of "extra trim tags" and putty bars for restamping blocks, transmissions, intakes etc....were found. I have heard through the grapevine the Noel Grace has been faking big block corvettes for a long time. Supposedly He has connections and has been purchasing original sheeting for GM paperwork that he gives with his cars so that the customers think they are getting real paperwork which includes POP's, tank stickers. I have also been told he is being sued by at least one former customer and most of these cars had an NCRS Top Flight Award (his cars are so good even NCRS judges didn't figure it out). I am just letting everyone know what I heard because the more these fake cars are sold the less valueable the real ones become. There are ways of telling if your car is fake if you know what to look for. If anyone has any information to add please feel free to contact me.
Thanks for the info
Old 09-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
tracygirl2888
Smokin Member

How do you know this information
tracygirl2888 is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
64conv
Smokin Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopfakecorvettes View Post
Yeah but GM just opened the archives, so they might be worthless, see www dot ncrs.org for details
64conv is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #5
Bucwheat
Smokin 4000HP World Challenge

A little research pays off.
Advertisement

Share This Thread
  • Submit Thread to Digg
  • Submit Thread to del.icio.us
  • Submit Thread to Facebook
  • Submit Thread to StumbleUpon
  • Submit Thread to MySpace