• Corvette Forum
  • Login to Corvette Forums
  • SmokinVette.com
  • About SmokinVette.com
  • Corvette Forum
  • Corvette Gallery
  • Corvette Parts
  • Corvette Yellow Pages
SmokinVette.com Forums : Corvette Forums : C6 Corvette Forums : C6 Tech & Performance : OBX Headers from Ebay
C6 Tech & Performance
Sponsored by
Horse Power Sales

Old 07-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
cmatkins3
Smokin Member

Default OBX Headers from Ebay

I recently purchased this OBX cat delete header system with x-pipe for $700. I purchased these headers not only for the cheaper price, but for the fact that it said "direct oem replacement that uses the factory o2 sensors and harness." The instalation went fairly smooth as I had no fitment issues other than the donut gaskets for the resonators had to be hammered into place with a rubber mallet. The problems started when I went to install the o2 sensors in the "factory" location. The o2 sensors are at least two feet away from stock! Needless to say my corvette (that I use as a daily driver) is stuck on the lift until my o2 extensions arrive! The price of 700 dollars is no longer attractive as I had to pay 200 dollars for the extensions! Take it from me and buy a kit elsewhere and get ALL the parts you need to complete installation!
Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
biggulp
Smokin 500HP Club

I tip my hat to you, To a man that admits he made a mistake.
We all look for shortcuts and money savings. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, as long as we learn and move on.
biggulp is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
powerlabs
Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatkins3 View Post
I recently purchased this OBX cat delete header system with x-pipe for $700. I purchased these headers not only for the cheaper price, but for the fact that it said "direct oem replacement that uses the factory o2 sensors and harness." The instalation went fairly smooth as I had no fitment issues other than the donut gaskets for the resonators had to be hammered into place with a rubber mallet. The problems started when I went to install the o2 sensors in the "factory" location. The o2 sensors are at least two feet away from stock! Needless to say my corvette (that I use as a daily driver) is stuck on the lift until my o2 extensions arrive! The price of 700 dollars is no longer attractive as I had to pay 200 dollars for the extensions! Take it from me and buy a kit elsewhere and get ALL the parts you need to complete installation!
Hi,

*ALL* C6 headers, without ANY exception, require O2 sensor extensions... It sucks that the manufacturer didn't include it though...
Now as to why you are paying 200 bucks for yours, I have no idea... A single google search for "C6 Corvette O2 extension" results in dozens of sites selling them for about 17 bucks each...

For what its worth, I believe you will be very happy when it is all in place an running: headers really wake these cars up and they sound phenomenal.
powerlabs is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:25 AM   #4
jerryrmd
Smokin Member

Default OBX Exhaust

Actually, if you look toward the bottome of the ad on Ebay you will see that it says some years require 02 extensions....I am getting ready to purchase this set as well.
jerryrmd is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #5
StudentDriver
Smokin 500HP Club

Aren't these headers suppose to be inexpensive over seas headers?

Caution: Student Driver
StudentDriver is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #6
cmatkins3
Smokin Member

I looked at sets that said some years require o2 extensions... However I bought another set from the same seller that said "direct oem replacement" "uses factory o2 harness" nowhere did it say any o2 sensors may be needed.

Also, the vette is my daily driver so the 200 includes getting them here asap!

But either way with these headers you MIGHT save 100 dollars, its just not worth the risk!...especially since you have to fit the bill for the return if something is wrong, as the seller's response to my email was "if you no like them, send back for return" his words not mine lol!
cmatkins3 is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:28 AM   #7
Uncle Tom
Smokin 100HP Club

I can't say I've even heard these headers before.
Uncle Tom is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #8
cmatkins3
Smokin Member

I got my o2 extensions and got the car back on the road!! I can finally get to enjoy the sound and horsepower of this system... Anyone that is buying this system will need at least 26in extensions for the front and 32 for the rear!!! 24s will work on the front but the clip will not go back on the stock point. The SLP header installation kit comes with the right extensions, but it costs 200 dollars!!
cmatkins3 is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Share This Thread
  • Submit Thread to Digg
  • Submit Thread to del.icio.us
  • Submit Thread to Facebook
  • Submit Thread to StumbleUpon
  • Submit Thread to MySpace
  • Submit Thread to Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Google