• Corvette Forum
  • Login to Corvette Forums
  • SmokinVette.com
  • About SmokinVette.com
  • Corvette Forum
  • Corvette Gallery
  • Corvette Parts
  • Corvette Yellow Pages
SmokinVette.com Forums : SmokinVette.com Corvette Forums : ***SMOKIN LOUNGE*** : Off Topics Forum : Jared Monti-American Hero
Off Topics Forum
Non Corvette related

Old 09-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
m37brat
Smokin 5000HP+ Posting Maniac

Exclamation Jared Monti-American Hero

Tomorrow, September 17, 2009, Paul Monti will be presented the Medal of Honor, presented posthumously, to his son Jared Monti for heroic action in Afghanistan on June 21, 2006. Jared was raised in Rayhnam, MA and is only the 2nd person to receive this honor for service in Afghanistan. In total, there has been four persons who served in Iraq and two from Afghanistan issued the Medal of Honor and all have been posthumously.

With the horror these young people face in either country every day, I find it hard to believe that only 6 have merited this honor.

Here is what his father had to say on Legacy.com. If you don't feel his pain you are not human!

"July 21, 2009 -- Well Pal, I got a call from President Barack Obama tonight and he told me that you were approved for the Congressional Medal of Honor. He said that the country was proud of you and that he himself was proud of you. And you know how very proud I am of you.
You never did want any medals for your actions but you got them anyway. And now you will be receiving the highest medal of them all.
I do wish it wasn't so. I want you back with me. I want to hold your children on my lap and tell them about their wonderful father. I want to go fishing with you and play cards with you and just hang with you again.
I live in awe of you. I could not be any prouder. You have done me the honor of being my beloved son. The Good Lord in Heaven blessed me with you and it has been the greatest blessing in my life.
Some day we will be together again. Until then, Son, I will keep you in my everyday thoughts and prayers. I love you more than life. See you on the high ground- Dad
~
Paul Monti"

Remember this heartfelt tribute by a father to a son when you have an opportunity to help our service men and women.

God keep you in his hands Jared and be sure I will let the world know what you have done and the person you were. As long as your name is on our lips you will never die.

For anyone interested, here are the other 5 recipients;

McGINNIS, ROSS A.
Private First Class
U.S. Army
War In Iraq

MONSOOR, MICHAEL A.
Master-at-Arms
U.S. Navy
War In Iraq

MURPHY, MICHAEL P.
Lieutenant
U.S. Navy
War In Afghanistan

DUNHAM, JASON L.
Corporal
U.S. Marine Corps
War In Iraq

SMITH, PAUL R.
Sergeant First Class
U.S. Army
War In Iraq

For anyone who do not like this type of post or feel it inappropriate to this forum, I have to warn you that I will be posting the actual citation tomorrow as soon as it is released.

Jared Monti-American Hero

My Heroes Wear Combat Boots

If feel you can not stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand In Front Of Them!!!!!

http://www.iraqwarheroes.com/

Last edited by m37brat; 09-16-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
BLU COLLAR Z

BLU COLLAR Z is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #3
02MillenniumVette
Smokin 750HP Supercharged Club

02MillenniumVette is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
99_vette
Smokin 2000HP Road Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to 99_vette

99_vette is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #5
royalflush
Smokin 200HP Club

royalflush is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
REVERHART74
Smokin 3000HP Drag Racer

REVERHART74 is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
Dan Dlabay
Smokin 200HP Club

He is a true American hero. May God bless Jared, his family and all the men and women who have served, is serving and will serve to protect this great country and protect our freedom. Freedom is not free.
Dan Dlabay is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #8
MarksBlueMeanie
Smokin 4000HP World Challenge

Even though only six are receiving the medal of honor, I feel that every man and woman serving right now deserve it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Michael A Monsoor a Corvette owner?
Hi-Tech Hood
Widebooty
20% Window Tint
Borla exhaust
Painted fuel rail covers and battery box
Painted and etched engine caps
Painted Surge tank
Painted HallTech Killer Bee
Etched Chrome from Pipedreams
DBA rotors
Leather from Down South Vettes
Vette Bin
Custom sound system
Future banned member of C.F.
MarksBlueMeanie is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #9
wayback

Six is not enough!!!! There are many more heros there. All of them are my heros.

God bless and protect them all.
wayback is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #10
COLT
Smokin 4000HP World Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by m37brat View Post
Tomorrow, September 17, 2009, Paul Monti will be presented the Medal of Honor, presented posthumously, to his son Jared Monti for heroic action in Afghanistan on June 21, 2006. Jared was raised in Rayhnam, MA and is only the 2nd person to receive this honor for service in Afghanistan. In total, there has been four persons who served in Iraq and two from Afghanistan issued the Medal of Honor and all have been posthumously.

With the horror these young people face in either country every day, I find it hard to believe that only 6 have merited this honor.

Here is what his father had to say on Legacy.com. If you don't feel his pain you are not human!

"July 21, 2009 -- Well Pal, I got a call from President Barack Obama tonight and he told me that you were approved for the Congressional Medal of Honor. He said that the country was proud of you and that he himself was proud of you. And you know how very proud I am of you.
You never did want any medals for your actions but you got them anyway. And now you will be receiving the highest medal of them all.
I do wish it wasn't so. I want you back with me. I want to hold your children on my lap and tell them about their wonderful father. I want to go fishing with you and play cards with you and just hang with you again.
I live in awe of you. I could not be any prouder. You have done me the honor of being my beloved son. The Good Lord in Heaven blessed me with you and it has been the greatest blessing in my life.
Some day we will be together again. Until then, Son, I will keep you in my everyday thoughts and prayers. I love you more than life. See you on the high ground- Dad
~
Paul Monti"

Remember this heartfelt tribute by a father to a son when you have an opportunity to help our service men and women.

God keep you in his hands Jared and be sure I will let the world know what you have done and the person you were. As long as your name is on our lips you will never die.

For anyone interested, here are the other 5 recipients;

McGINNIS, ROSS A.
Private First Class
U.S. Army
War In Iraq

MONSOOR, MICHAEL A.
Master-at-Arms
U.S. Navy
War In Iraq

MURPHY, MICHAEL P.
Lieutenant
U.S. Navy
War In Afghanistan

DUNHAM, JASON L.
Corporal
U.S. Marine Corps
War In Iraq

SMITH, PAUL R.
Sergeant First Class
U.S. Army
War In Iraq

For anyone who do not like this type of post or feel it inappropriate to this forum, I have to warn you that I will be posting the actual citation tomorrow as soon as it is released.

Jared Monti-American Hero
COLT is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Share This Thread
  • Submit Thread to Digg
  • Submit Thread to del.icio.us
  • Submit Thread to Facebook
  • Submit Thread to StumbleUpon
  • Submit Thread to MySpace
  • Submit Thread to Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Google