• Corvette Forum
  • Login to Corvette Forums
  • SmokinVette.com
  • About SmokinVette.com
  • Corvette Forum
  • Corvette Gallery
  • Corvette Parts
  • Corvette Yellow Pages
SmokinVette.com Forums : General Corvette Forums : Corvette Detailing : Dust repellent wax
Corvette Detailing
  Sponsored by
Adam's Polishes

Old 08-06-2009, 07:15 AM   #1
Marsha
Smokin Member

Question Dust repellent wax

I hope this doesn't sound like dumb question. We live near and drive on dirt roads on regular basis. Is there such a wax that will repel dry dust particles better than others? We could wash and detail the car and one drive down the road and the car now has a fresh layer of dust on it?

This is a forum so why not ask! Thank you

Marsha
Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:17 AM   #2
BAD-C5
Smokin 5000HP+ Posting Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha View Post
I hope this doesn't sound like dumb question. We live near and drive on dirt roads on regular basis. Is there such a wax that will repel dry dust particles better than others? We could wash and detail the car and one drive down the road and the car now has a fresh layer of dust on it?

Marsha
Never heard of a wax that repels dust. If you find one let us know.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:36 AM   #3
The Detail Dude
Smokin 500HP Club

Never a dumb question on the SV detailing section! You may want to try our Resilient Slippery Wax. This synthetic formulation allows for an ultra slippery wet finish that repels dirt and reduces the static charge on the paint's surface. With its amazing smooth finish, this product is uniquely formulated with additional durable UV blockers that protect your finish from the damaging effects of the sun offering superior protection. This property is an extra dose of prevention that other waxes may not offer.
The Detail Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:09 AM   #4
CYBER6
Smokin 1000HP Twin Turbo Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Detail Dude View Post
Never a dumb question on the SV detailing section! You may want to try our Resilient Slippery Wax. This synthetic formulation allows for an ultra slippery wet finish that repels dirt and reduces the static charge on the paint's surface. With its amazing smooth finish, this product is uniquely formulated with additional durable UV blockers that protect your finish from the damaging effects of the sun offering superior protection. This property is an extra dose of prevention that other waxes may not offer.
When I first got my car, even though the dealer had it all detailed. It seemed to have allot of "static-cling" probably due to the material the body is made of. Since I detailed the car myself and the products used. Seems the dust will "blow off" now.
And the Buggy Buggers even wash right off.

2009 Cyber Gray, Ebony, 3LT, 6Speed, Dual Mode Exhaust (ALWAYS OPEN), Z51, Chrome Wheels, ZR1 Spoiler, Prostart Vette Components-Rear Brakes www.prostartracecars.com

Going, Going>>>>>>>>>> But Not Gone
CYBER6 is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
man00dude
Smokin Member

There will always be dust. We don't live or drive on dirt roads, but there are fine dust particulates, especially on our black Z. On our Red coupe, we can't see it as well, but its there.

I have tried Zaino and Rejex some other applications to test if the dust sticks. One thing I have noticed is that on good products, the dust will blow off easily. Never wipe it off, wash or blow it off.

Good luck on finding a product you makes you and your car happy.
man00dude is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:30 AM   #6
duckduckgoose
Smokin 50HP Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Detail Dude View Post
I am going to give this stuff a whirl!
duckduckgoose is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:09 AM   #7
creeper
Smokin 100HP Club

Is there an idiot repellant out yet?
Old 08-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #8
CYBER6
Smokin 1000HP Twin Turbo Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
Is there an idiot repellant out yet?
That's a great idea! Had some idiot in a Lexus Vert on my @ss tonight coming home from work wish I had a something. Thought he was cool keeping with me. As usual couldn't go anywhere, car in front and passing was impossible.

2009 Cyber Gray, Ebony, 3LT, 6Speed, Dual Mode Exhaust (ALWAYS OPEN), Z51, Chrome Wheels, ZR1 Spoiler, Prostart Vette Components-Rear Brakes www.prostartracecars.com

Going, Going>>>>>>>>>> But Not Gone
CYBER6 is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:09 AM   #9
stillkicking
Smokin 100HP Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYBER6 View Post
That's a great idea! Had some idiot in a Lexus Vert on my @ss tonight coming home from work wish I had a something. Thought he was cool keeping with me. As usual couldn't go anywhere, car in front and passing was impossible.
gotta love those guys, they buy a pricey luxury car and automatically puts them in the same catigory as a Corvette!
stillkicking is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:16 AM   #10
bkazepis
Smokin Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha View Post

Marsha
Chemical Guys has a couple of QD sprays that have anti-static properties...Extreme Slick Synthetic..and Speed Wipe Spray...I use them both and have found that they work...keeps dust from clinging on my cars butt..it still does but not as much as if I dont use the Chemical Guys QD...I use them after every wash...
bkazepis is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Share This Thread
  • Submit Thread to Digg
  • Submit Thread to del.icio.us
  • Submit Thread to Facebook
  • Submit Thread to StumbleUpon
  • Submit Thread to MySpace
  • Submit Thread to Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Google