• Corvette Forum
  • Login to Corvette Forums
  • SmokinVette.com
  • About SmokinVette.com
  • Corvette Forum
  • Corvette Gallery
  • Corvette Parts
  • Corvette Yellow Pages
SmokinVette.com Forums : Corvette Forums : C6 Corvette Forums : C6 Tech & Performance : C6 Dual Flow / Filter Intake Questions ???
C6 Tech & Performance
Sponsored by
Horse Power Sales

Old 06-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
Ed 718
Smokin 200HP Club

Default C6 Dual Flow / Filter Intake Questions ???

I just picked up a used Carbon Fiber Dual Flow intake similar to the one from WCC seen in the link below. The intake looks exactly like the one from WCC but not sure if in fact it is the WCC intake. The carbon fiber duct looks the same as is the tubing also however only the filters are a different color than what's pictured.

The install was fairly easy however the seller did not have any brackets to hold the intake in place which sits the intake loosly one the car. Does anyone have pictures of the intake with the bracket installed? Also on the chrome tubing there is a breather hole of some kind on it plugged with a rubber seal which can be removed. What is this hole for and should it be plugged or open? The instructions from WCC does not mention anything about this hole but then again this may not even be the same...Anyone?
Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:38 AM   #2
DynamicTuningSolutions
Agent
Supporting Vendor/Tuner

Send a message via Yahoo to DynamicTuningSolutions Send a message via Skype™ to DynamicTuningSolutions

The plugged hole is probably for the intlet to the air injection system for a C5. Most likely they made the design "universal".
DynamicTuningSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
Ed 718
Smokin 200HP Club

Thanks for the reply that gives me some clues on the breather inlet. Now if I could see one installed so I can see what can be done to get it to sit firmly.
Ed 718 is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
redsnapper
Smokin 300HP Club

From a perfomance standpoint is there a difference between a single filter CAI and a double?
redsnapper is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
DynamicTuningSolutions
Agent
Supporting Vendor/Tuner

Send a message via Yahoo to DynamicTuningSolutions Send a message via Skype™ to DynamicTuningSolutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnapper View Post
From a perfomance standpoint is there a difference between a single filter CAI and a double?
Generally speaking (of course) if the inlet size from a single to a dual is the same, then the dual will have more filter surface area and "should" flow more. However if the pipes are coming together at an almost 90 degree angle the efficiency of a dual setup can be reduced somewhat as the air collides and goes turbulent in the middle.
DynamicTuningSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:15 AM   #6
Joe Dirt
Smokin 50HP Club

This is the one thing I haven't ordered yet but was looking at getting. How do you like this CAI? I was thinking about a Vararam just because of the big numbers they advertise and from what I have read. Looks good!

Joe
Joe Dirt is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
Ed 718
Smokin 200HP Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dirt View Post
This is the one thing I haven't ordered yet but was looking at getting. How do you like this CAI? I was thinking about a Vararam just because of the big numbers they advertise and from what I have read. Looks good!

Joe
Well to be honest I don't feel a major difference but it does kinda pull a little harder. I do however like the look of the intake but could image it would benefit from more air fed directly to the intake. I picked this up used from craigslist for $100.
Ed 718 is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Share This Thread
  • Submit Thread to Digg
  • Submit Thread to del.icio.us
  • Submit Thread to Facebook
  • Submit Thread to StumbleUpon
  • Submit Thread to MySpace
  • Submit Thread to Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Google