Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Supercharging Grand Sport ????

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Joe Szeliga 
#1 ·
Looking to supercharge my 2010 grand Sport any suggestions on which one to install ? Which one will deliver more HP ?
Thanks

#2 ·
How much are you planning to hack up your car and what's your budget? You can go from 500 RWHP to 800+ RWHP

Head up to NJ and hit ECS, East Coast Superchargers. For big power, they are one of the most proven shops in our area.

You can get some ideas by putting "supercharger" in the search button and looking at the last 90 days in this forum.

#4 ·
A&A covette's vortech kit is the way to go. A lot of folks upgrade their radiator with that kit on ZO6/GS's because the griffin (SP) radiators allow you to use one of the side tanks for an oil cooler and you donthvae to try and move the stock unit.

Installation is up to you, but ECS gets my vote for a great installer in your area.

#5 ·
I was think about this also

I was told that if I supercharged my 2008 vert it would not be a good daily driver. My friend told me the the compression is too high and he recommended different heads lower compression. Is he correct? Every supercharged and turbocharged vehicle seem to have lower compression.

#6 ·
I was told that if I supercharged my 2008 vert it would not be a good daily driver. My friend told me the the compression is too high and he recommended different heads lower compression. Is he correct? Every supercharged and turbocharged vehicle seem to have lower compression.
I assume your friend knows nothing about the C6 or is assuming that you are trying to build a 1000 HP monster.

These cars are very friendly to mild boost. Detonation is easily controlled through tuning and and a proper cooling system, which for mild S/C applications requires nothing more than a 160 T-stat. Even in 600 RWHP applications, the stock motor can be used intact, although a methonal kit is often used for better power and detonation control and a bigger radiator may be needed if you live in a hot climate.

#7 ·
The A&A Vortech Kit or Procharger Kit will fit with stock hood and the only time you will notice that the blower is on your car is when you hit the gas. You have the option of making the blower quiet or you can get the head unit with the gear set that you can hear the whistle at idle. Perfect setup for a stock vehicle for someone like yourself looking for extra power without going into the motor. We (HPS) is a dealer for both company's Supercharger kits with great pricing, and we can even do the install and tune for you as well.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.