Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Check out the other guys ....AMG

2K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  Shizzy 
#1 · (Edited)
#6 ·
It's nice but it's Euro specs. If MB decides to export it to the US, the engine will be toned down. Germany doesn't have the emissions regulations nor do they govern the engines. Driving the same model car in German Specs and in American Specs is like night is to day.

#12 ·
AMG makes awesome cars... BUT...

I really like it. Mercedes Benz makes very high quality cars; they are SOLID like nothing you've ever driven (all panels are seam bonded and the car has zero rattles and noises), they are quiet, smooth, refined, etc... And AMG makes them fast... BUT there is no such thing as a manual Merc; even the SLR has an automatic... That kind of kills the deal for me. They are also all extremely heavy. Even this little two seater weights just a hair under 3800 lbs...
But I could forgive all that. The part I can't get over is this...

MSRP: $270,000

I'm sorry, that is a way cool car, but 270 grand is a lot of money... I'd get one of these slightly used for 170 grand less, spend 30 thousand turbocharging it, and have a one thousand horsepower all wheel drive V10 powered mid engine exotic for almost half the price of the merc:

#17 ·
Its got no butt..................:seeya:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.