Chevy Corvette Forum banner

370 gears

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  kenny k 
#1 ·
I replaced my 302 rear and put in 373 gears . I was reading a post that talked about changing a plastic gear in the speedo, to get an accurate reading on mph. Is this a diffulcult proceger ?

#3 · (Edited)
you will need to match the drive gear and driven gear tooth counts to get an accurate speedometer reading. according to Rear Axle ratio and tire diameter ... the driven gear is easy, its inside where the cable attaches.. the drive gear requires removing the tail housing .neither are that difficult.. available from all the vendors....Dave, like the " Control " slogan

#6 ·
Kenny, to correct your speedometer you'll need the correct nylon drive and driven gears that go into your transmission. PATC and TCI sells them and they're not expensive; usually around $11-$15 each. As the drive gear mounts on the transmission's output shaft you'll have to pull your tailhousing to replace it. E-mail me at sw82vette@yahoo.com and I'll give you all the information you'll need.................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.