Chevy Corvette Forum banner

I'm trying to find a 1960 Corvette I sold in 1989 or 90

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  redvettegirl2004 
#1 · (Edited)
I am trying to locate a 1960 Corvette Convertible that I sold in either 1989 or 1990. After nearly 25 years, I still have seller’s regret, and would like to know if the car is still on the road, where, and if it might be for sale. I sold it to a young guy in Indiana, but I don’t remember his name or where in Indiana he lived. I didn’t keep the VIN number, so I don’t have any way of tracing it.

The car was originally white, but was freshly painted candy apple red when I sold it. It had a red hard top and a black soft top. It had a black vinyl interior, 327ci motor and 4 speed transmission, and was not a numbers matching car. Unique to the car is the exhaust: it went through the bumper originally, but I changed it to go under the car instead, closed off the openings and rechromed the bumper. Also, the stock tachometer was replaced by a black Sun tachometer. I posted pictures of the car in my gallery.
If anyone remembers the car or knows where it is now, I would sure appreciate having the information. Please call Jim at 618-826-2620 or email.Thanks in advance

#3 ·
I'd start with DMV records. W/O a VIN or a plate , it's gonna be tough

#4 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I do have the plate #, but not the VIN, and have already contacted Il DMV. Unfortunately, they told me they don't keep the plate records more than 10 years, and have no way to find a list of cars I have previously licensed. (Who knew?) So, I'm at a loss how to proceed unless someone actually remembers the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.