Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Stingray is Back..............

5K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  Seabee 86 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
dont like the rear. Way too Camaro-ish headlights reming me of a cadillac's Do like the lines though. A lil more to them than the C-6.
There used to be a vendor who sold the stingray side emblems in Corvette magazine Would like a set of those for my 73 ray.
Exciting to have another era out there.

#12 ·
I think my rental will go up for sale in a year or two to get one.
2017 sounds about right

#17 ·
This car is is growing on me very quickly. Even the back end as seeing a good look at Barret Jacksons auction. I thought the first car off the line would bring more $$ though. How about the Bat mobile $4.6 million. Alota $$$ flying through that auction !!!

#19 ·
#20 ·
The look of the C7 doesn't do much for me. I think upgrading the performance was a step in the right direction, but if Chevy decided to bring back the Stingray name, they should have made the car look more retro, like a C3 or even a C2. If I had the money this Rick Hendricks has, I would rather have that '69. Much better looking IMO.

#21 ·
If you removed the Corvette emblem you wouldn't know it was a Corvette. I'm not a fan, the lines are too sharp and it still looks like a concept vehicle. I feel like the hood isn't long enough to give it that "Corvette" look and the front windshield has too much of a grade to it. Performance aspects aside, I like my C4 more.

#22 ·
If you removed the Corvette emblem you wouldn't know it was a Corvette. I'm not a fan, the lines are too sharp and it still looks like a concept vehicle. I feel like the hood isn't long enough to give it that "Corvette" look and the front windshield has too much of a grade to it. Performance aspects aside, I like my C4 more.
not if you drive the C7 you wont :rofl:

#24 ·
C5's are not nightmares , at least mine isn't
C4's are flexi-flyers , at least mine is
I have over 220k on each , both from new
I'll take new over old just about every time
I have no ownership experience with C6's .
I have driven them and they were fine.
I'll take GO over SHOW every time
For me , performance is the deal maker
I'm almost 53 years old......

#27 ·
Seabee , everyone has their own opinion..no big deal.. I personally have never liked the C6, mostly because of the fixed lights and the chopped rear end.. Always thought they went for too much of a European look... the C7 , minus the Camaro lights , is growing on me..but, I think the performance will outway any objections I have on cosmetics ...its not a perfect world anyway

#29 ·
I just wonder how GM is reacting to all the negative comments of the back end.
same as they did with the C4 , C5 , C6.........

#34 ·
ahh the joys of direct injection...

Wonder if it sounds like a diesel too....

I think of my vette now, and think of the number of things waiting to go wrong on that one. Bet they could've saved an extra 100lbs on that think if they could lose all the sensors.....

#39 ·
Slowly growing on me, anyone see that Laguna Blue C7 that lost control and ended up sideways on the side of the expressway? It looks pretty cool from that angle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.