Chevy Corvette Forum banner

A new audience

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bigblock427 
#1 ·
I'm planning on buying a 2014 Stingray with the Z51 performance package and I'm new to this site, which I learned about from Jay Leno's Garage. First, I want to admit I have never been a Corvette fan before and I own a sports car from another manufacturer which I use as my daily driver. However, I think the 2014 Stingray is absolutely fantastic and a tremendous bargain. I'm praying for reliability.

Performance should be incredible so I'm not even going to mention that. I'm going to discuss what I don't like about the design but know that it really isn't a strong dislike, it's just that these are the biggest complaints I have about a car that is really great overall.

I do agree with many people that the tail end of the Stingray is the weakest point in the design of the car, but I strongly disagree about why. I think the problem with the tail is that it looks too much like every Corvette I've seen for the last ten years. I very much like the new tail lights, but I dislike the quad tail pipes, which I think look too busy. I think they should have shaped a pair of tailpipes to match the new tail lights for symmetry. Finally the biggest gripe I have about the tail is one that has bothered me about vettes for a long time, which is that the tail is too tall. I realize that this is to allow for trunk space, however I really would prefer a shorter tail at the expense of the trunk. I really think that the majority of people don't use a vette for it's trunk space to begin with. I'm sure there are exceptions out there, but I think most owners of sports cars in general, not just vettes, only use a significant amount of trunk space "occasionally" at most.

Let me repeat that overall I love what I have seen about the 2014 Stingray and I'm looking forward to driving the Stingray to work as much as tracking this thing and blowing the doors off some cars that cost much more.

See less See more
#3 ·
I guess all anybody sees are the tailights when you blow by them......:doh:

#4 ·
thats what they usually tell me.. lol! they can describe the rear of my car pretty well...well, Somebody hurry up and buy a C7 so we can get first hand reviews.. I m gonna wait a couple years till they get the bugs out... I m thrilled that they are bringing back, both the Stingray name as well as the LT1 engine designation.. two of my favorite words

#5 ·
This new vette is special, and therefore it is getting the "Stingray" name, and as such I think it shouldn't look like other vettes, especially in the tail (including the lights) so everyone will know they were dusted, not by just any vette, but by a Stingray.

#6 ·
Another reason the tail end is a little high (which I like) is the tranny is in the rear of the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.