Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Has anyone tried these (880 LED) yet?

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Fordnomore! 
#1 ·
I am in the process of replacing my front OEM markers with clear aftermarket ones. Naturally, being the LED freak that I am, I'm installing 7 Watt LED DRL's and High Power LED (194) side markers. I am also replacing the fog lights with a pair of PIAA 880's...27W = 50W at 4000K output. Sounds like they are going to do a good job in the fog lights as well as look good. The question I want to ask is this: I found an 880 High Power LED which is suppose to be 9 Watts. I am using 7 Watt LED's for reverse lights and you can not look at them straight on at night due to their intensity. Has anyone installed this LED Bulb (880) in their fog lights, and if so, do they do the fog lights justice? I am so tempted to buy a pair and see for myself, but I thought the smart thing to do was ask if anyone has tried them yet. I know I have always stated that I am going with HID's in my fogs and I most likely will, but to imagine that there may be an LED bulb out there that can make those fog lights explode with brightness...that's just too good...lol. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Stay safe... "Ricovette"

#2 ·
I am in the process of replacing my front OEM markers with clear aftermarket ones. Naturally, being the LED freak that I am, I'm installing 7 Watt LED DRL's and High Power LED (194) side markers. I am also replacing the fog lights with a pair of PIAA 880's...27W = 50W at 4000K output. Sounds like they are going to do a good job in the fog lights as well as look good. The question I want to ask is this: I found an 880 High Power LED which is suppose to be 9 Watts. I am using 7 Watt LED's for reverse lights and you can not look at them straight on at night due to their intensity. Has anyone installed this LED Bulb (880) in their fog lights, and if so, do they do the fog lights justice? I am so tempted to buy a pair and see for myself, but I thought the smart thing to do was ask if anyone has tried them yet. I know I have always stated that I am going with HID's in my fogs and I most likely will, but to imagine that there may be an LED bulb out there that can make those fog lights explode with brightness...that's just too good...lol. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Stay safe... "Ricovette"
I sure haven't Rico, nor have I heard of anybody else, yet.
I am looking at incorporating LED's into my Headlight mod, but had not seen the LED fog bulbs.

Give 'em a try and let us know... :coffeetime:

:abduct:

#4 ·
I'm super tempted to Mtndv8... Here's a pic of it and if it really is 9 Watts... It might just have the output needed to make those fog lights look awesome!!! Oh man...decisions...decisions...decisions...lol. "Ricovette" Line Technology Room Table

#5 ·
I'm super tempted to Mtndv8... Here's a pic of it and if it really is 9 Watts... It might just have the output needed to make those fog lights look awesome!!! Oh man...decisions...decisions...decisions...lol. "Ricovette" View attachment 5986

I know exactly what you mean!! :smilielol5:
I'm curious about the back up LED's you refered to. Do you have a link?

:abduct:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.