Chevy Corvette Forum banner

LS1 Top End Build

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  IT_SS 
#1 ·
Hey folks, I just this question would be geared more towards the C5 guys, I'm looking for a decent Head & Cam package @ a "budget" price. So far the masses have suggested the TSP MS3 @ 114 LSA and PRC Stage 2.5 5.3 L Heads. The supporting mods are going to be the FAST Ported 92/92 set up, 85mm MAF Sensor, Volant CIA, 160 Degree Thermostat, Pulleys, QTP Long Tubes, QTP Catted Ypipe, some sort of resonator, and a GMMG Cat-back, 3.73s & 3500 stall....

So whats worked for you guys in the past? Im looking for 420+ RWHP & 400+ TQ.

PS 2002 Z28 with 77, 000 crank miles

#2 ·
Any decent good H/C package should be able to get you to your goal including the MS3/PRC combo youre looking at.

I will say thins tho.... there are budget builds, then there are cheap builds. Don't short yourself on parts that wont hold up to your driving style. Mods done wrong will cost you far more than Mods done right. Research, spend carfully, and do it right the first time. :thumbsup3:

My H/C build used Trick Flow 215's a custom ground shaft from ECS (in the 230's and under 600 lift on a 114) a fast 90/90 set up, American racing headers, Vararam, and a Melling High volume pump. The car is a blast to drive.... runs 10's through the stock rear and tranny (with a trans brace and a hardened output shaft) and is relativly docile for a H/C car making 504/425 at the rear wheels. (in addition to some non go fast goodies like an oil cooler oversize rad combo, Spindle ducts, tex dual clutch, sway bars etc.)

It's a blast all the way around.... but it cast me a fair dollar too. (I didn't work at ECS when I got it all done :doh: ) It's still worth it ecey time I stat the car though...

A lil vid....

#4 ·
ive always like the TFS 515 top end kit, but i cost so much )-:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.