Chevy Corvette Forum banner

started out with widebody..now complete redo

20K views 134 replies 10 participants last post by  ttt123 
#1 ·
Well like the title says, started small and as usual its turned into more. I have two threads going. one for the rear-end upgrade I'm doing and one for the wide body I made.. seems a little selfish to have a few threads going for the same car so I'm just going to post all my updates and complete build in this thread. if you want a recap of what I've done so far(I'll post a couple pics from the two other threads in here) you can check the links otherwise stay tuned to see where this goes

with the car being pulled apart as far as it was.... I just kept going and decided to repaint(sapphire metallic blue, already had a gallon in my barn screaming for me to use it) and rebuild the motor with some tasteful upgrades. engine will get new cam, worked heads and intake(ported and bigger valves) pcm tune, long tube headers and electric water pump.... oh and air foil for an extra 15hp

I should be painting by this weekend.

tried loading pics and i see no where to load them up at ??? is that because i'm new ? i have tons of pics to share if someone can help me out.

thanks

#86 ·
nice!

#88 ·
When I had the C4 I went with a BBK TB and didn't have much of an issue with the TPS.

As for the HP and 1/4. I'll take a stab at 330ish rwhp. 1/4 mile low 12's high 11's. Hey don't give me Sh*t for it, I'm guessing! lol

#90 ·
:rockon6rk:

#92 ·
Hey corvette community, guess who is a new first time grand pa I'm a little young(38) but that's ok lol now i just have to get my daughter to take off the green and white and dress the little one in blue and gold

so I went out in the barn today and sand blasted and painted my front brakes.

also getting my trans back tomorrow after work. super happy about that since that has been holding me up on quite a few things. should hold up to anything i throw at it with this build. trans shop that did it was quite impressive.

oh and my pcm came back from "pcm for less".... hope it works well.

#96 ·
Nice build. But I think I'd go with either a red or at least a dark color for the calipers. And dark colors for the hubs as well, as they will all stay filthy looking from the brake dust. With red calipers I've found that the brake dust actually adds to look....

#100 ·
Most time positive thinking, cept when you're working on a vette and it takes two days just to get back to a certain part..... :doh:

Found a couple part numbers for the oil sensor elbow (GM 14078988,GM 10096122). But everyone seems to show it as no longer available. But the good news is it appears to be the same part on the 94 Trans AMs and Camaros. So junkyard time....

#102 ·
YEAH! One step closer.

#105 ·
why is your engine sitting with the valve covers off ?
header clearance ?

#109 ·

#119 · (Edited)
#112 ·
I guess you have to have REALLY clean oil?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.