Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Door handle

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Lethal Tendencies 
#1 ·
The drivers side door handle/latch is starting to fail. It sometimes takes 2 or 3 shuttings to get it to stay closed. It seems like that the handle mechanism is sticking in the open posititn, and until one slams the door clased, it remains in door open mode. I have heard that these were a bear to change out. Does any one out there have experance with these little beauties?

#4 ·
remove lock

It's actually easier than I thought it would be. The most important item to do first is buy a good quality. I bought the medium priced one from Wiicox Corvettes at about 65.00. Then decided to buy the other side from Ecklers since I'm in Florida. The part came quickly however the quality at the same price as Willcox was terrible. The flapper scraped right out of the box. Ecklers took this back ans sent another band bI had thew same problem. I sent it back to Ecklers for a refund.As far vasv changing out, I started on the door faceing unscrewing the three screesw holding the latch mechanism in. It will fall down some but give you more freedom to ger to the actual handle. Good Luck.

#6 ·
I cleaned and lubricated mine A LOT!!! like 5 times or so, cleaned with WD, then let it soak... then clean with dish washer and lubed... and then it worked again...

Is it me or does ecklers sometimes sell a lot of crap..??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.