Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Low Voltage Indicator!

9K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  vettex2 
#1 ·
Okay this seems pretty simple but I figured some on here have probably already experienced this and might help. I took the vette for a long drive yesterday and the Low Voltage indicator came on. This happened when I came back from a store and started it up. The manual says the indicator will come on when it reads at 10 volts or below. I noticed my battery was low almost 13 but not quite, (normally it always shows up past 13 barely) but went up just fine in the higher zone by a little bit after a couple seconds of being turned on. To me this just seems like it's time to say "get a new battery". If I'm missing something or correct with my thinking please chime in. No need to over think when I'm sure this isn't anything complicated. Thanks in advance!:givemebeer.sml:

#5 ·
Hm.. Interesting that is pretty much what happened to me when my indicator warning came on. Tomorrow I have to go on a run and will be taking it (nice long drive) which is the same one it happened on. Hopefully my warning doesn't come back either. Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

#8 ·
Well I took the vette back on that same run that the low voltage indicator came on again today. It didn't come on and the car started right up without hesitation! I guess I'll be keeping an eye on it from from here on out.

#11 ·
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:thtoppoints:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.