Chevy Corvette Forum banner

I'm jealous

3K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  vatoplessc6 
#1 ·
The neighbors come to my house asking to see my wifes new Camaro. We show the Camaro , right beside my new C6, and everyone talks about the Camaro being so nice.

Now lets have a reality check here. First the Corvette is much faster. Handles better and gets better gas mileage while doing it. Not to mention it looks 100 times better. Why is everyone so fasinated with the Camaro? I've driven both cars with every size engine available for both cars. The Vette is so much nicer. what gives? Are they just being polite?
It really doesn't matter since both cars are ours, I just don't get the response. Whata think?

#14 ·
I agree with most everybody so far. The Camaro is the new kid on the block, give it a little while and they will be like mustang's, one on every corner and you'll pass at least 4 of them on the way to work.

On the other hand, if someone is looking at a "family" sports car, the Camaro would be the way to go. LS2 with a back seat....

#19 ·
They have two V8s

400hp LS2 and a 425hp LS3 V8. The V6 is faster than the orginal 396 version 68 Camaro according to Car and Driver. 100mph in a quarter and 157 mph top end.

#17 ·
True...but have you seen the rear seat in a Camaro? There's about 3inchs bewteen the front seat and the back seat. It might be ok for kids or just hauling something around but I couldn't get in it.

#22 ·
No worries...

Be secure in what you have. As posted previously, the Camaro is the flavor of the month. The novelty will wear off quickly. We know 'Vettes rule, and the posers can think whatever they want!

#24 · (Edited)
Saturday, a bunch of us were over at Dave's house working on his 68. He is taking the body off and putting it on a new frame. Any way a new black camaro lives just a few houses down. I didn't get the picture of the camaro parked in front of all our vettes but the drag race is set up for after he gets a supercharger installed. Wouldn't be fair before then.

Found one of the camaro with the vettes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.