Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Doug Thorley Headers for C6

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  cmatkins3 
#1 ·
I recently purchased these headers from ebay from seller: slc1957 (great seller with excellent communication). I just installed these headers this weekend and I am very happy with the results! The install was a breeze with the only hiccup being that I had to pull the starter. They look awesome and they are also ceramic coated. The sound of these "catless" headers running through the stock x-pipe and npp exhaust is amazing! It is very mellow when crusing with little to no drone, but just as loud as any exhaust I have heard with your foot on the gas. (For a reference to how loud they are I had offroad headers and loudmouth exhaust on my 07 and offroad headers with b&b bullets on my 07 Z and these are just as loud, but only when you want them to be!) :rockon6rk: The best part is these headers only cost me 700 dollars! :thumbsup3:

#4 ·
I didn't realize they made the C6 headers until you posted this up. I definitely remember them as a brand in the 60s.

Interesting that you got them for $700 when they list as $1200 on their site. New or used?

#5 ·
Brand new,the seller said he was the leading retailer for thorley headers. I am not sure how he has them so cheap, but there are several sets on there for that price. Thorley's stamp is right on the side of the header and the headers are identical to the picture on Thorley's site. Could be that he just overstocked these and noone is buying them for the c6? I have not heard of anyone installing these other than me so that is all I could come up with. I must say I am excited about these as many people including myself have been looking for a cheaper American made header.

#6 ·
If they are made in the U.S. that is good news. There are some e-bay sellers peddling Chinese made headers and not always being honest about it.

#8 ·
slc performance parts of arizona is the ebay store name.

slc1957 is the sellers name. I talked to him through email several times before I purchased, he answered all the questions I had very quickly.

110626722280 is the item number on the auction up right now, they are $625 with 48 dollars shipping. (ship in about a week)

I was worried with the knockoff headers (OBX) I have purchased through ebay before so I contacted him before the purchase to make sure of what I was getting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.