Chevy Corvette Forum banner

My new wheels (back to silver)

6K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  Bucwheat 
#1 · (Edited)
So here is the story. I have had black rims for a while now and I wanted something different. My Black iForged wheels were 18/19 (rear tire being a 325/30/19). I have always liked the way the GS wheels looked but I didn't see that many of our C5's with them for examples (until recently). I found a GS STYLE wheel that I liked. It especially appealed to me because it was close but not exactly the same as the GS wheel. The ends of the spokes are open and the concave profile is greater. I got these in 19x10/20x12 and put a 345/25/20 Invo on the rear. I'm glad my wife is understanding because even though I got a good deal on the wheels, I still had to drop almost $2K for tires. I must say that I really like the change. This may be because I had black for a while but here are the pics...

Changed from...

See less See more
#6 ·
The silver wheels look good. I have never been a fan of black wheels whether they were striped or not. Always reminded of the old, dirty steel wheels we saw on old clunkers run by the residents on the other side of the tracks.

#7 ·
I knda liked the black ones better

#13 ·
To be honest, I didn't like them when I first saw the pics, but I have to admit that they are growing on me.....

#24 ·
I haven't scratched or rubbed my front splitter on anything yet. It has been on for about a year now. But I do think about extreme sloping driveways more now and avoid them if possible. I had always scraped my front air dam underneath, but that is why it is made of the material it is.

#25 ·
Okay, I like the silver better. It dawned on me tonight that the silver wheel makes the wide tires more noticeable. Well done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.