Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Better Corvette reliability stats (please sign up)

20K views 59 replies 18 participants last post by  mkaresh 
#1 ·
I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now reports absolute repair rates that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, so it's possible to track cars closely as they age.

Over 200 Corvette owners have already signed up to participate. A good start, but more are needed to provide full results for all years. So I'm grateful that this forum has given me permission to post this thread.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Corvette, for free.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research

#59 ·
We've updated our reliability stats for the Corvette to include owner experiences through the end of 2015, about eight months ahead of other sources. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year--lower is better:

2008 Corvette: 36, low
2007 Corvette: 52, low, small sample size
2006 Corvette: 20, low, small sample size
2005 Corvette: 38, low, small sample size

No stat, or a small sample size? Then we especially need more owners involved for that model year.

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Chevrolet Corvette reliability ratings and comparisons

#60 ·
We've updated our reliability stats for the Corvette to include owner experiences through June 30, 2016. Reliability information elsewhere is based on a survey conducted in April 2015--well over a year ago.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year (lower is better):

2016 Corvette: 0, low, small sample size
2015 Corvette: 29, moderate
2014 Corvette: 47, high

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2014 Corvette: 63, < 1

We'll have further updates in November and next February. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Chevrolet Corvette reliability ratings and comparisons

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.