Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Digital dash instrument cluster

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Tommy 
#1 ·
Would like to know how hard it is to replace the digital dash instrument cluster in a 87 corvette. I have several gauges that are getting hard to read.
Thanks
Paul

#3 ·
Removing the Digital Cluster

"Using a #2 screwdriver, remove all the screws holding the Digital Cluster Bezel to the dash.
There's one behind the vent that you'll need a stubby screwdriver to remove.
Place the tilt steering wheel in its lowest position, then remove the steering wheel tilt lever by unscrewing it.
Use a wrench if necessary, but be careful not to mar the surface.
Remove the four 9/32" Hex head screws that hold the instrument panel to the dash.
There's one at the top left and top right corners, and two above the steering column.
Tilt the top of the Digital Cluster out away from the dash. There's a sharp metal cover on the back of the instrument panel.
Be careful not to scrape this on the column, the dash, and be careful not to scratch the Digital Cluster LCD display panels on the column.
Using the flat blade screwdriver, remove the clips securing the two electrical connectors on the right side of the Digital Cluster,
and remove the electrical connectors."

#4 · (Edited)
Just do an internet search for "C4 corvette digital dash" and you will find lots of writeups and info on how to do it. Be advised that if your only problem is dim gauges some of the 4 illumination bulbs are probably burnt out and the cluster itself does not have to be removed to change the bulbs.........

#6 ·
Anybody know how to remove ads like the one that showed up on my first post. I did not put that ad there and would like to remove it. Altho I did notice it had iinstructions on my cluster removal, just not sure I want ads added to my posts that I have no idea of their quality of work.
Thanks
Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.