Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Smog pump eliminator question

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  79Rod 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anybody could tell me if I put a smog pump eliminator set-up on my 90 C4 if the check engine light stays on because when you remove the smog pump the tube from that goes to the passenger side to that breather unit with two computer connections on it, that is why I would think the light probably will come on and stay on, also should the E.G.R. be blocked off too?
Thanks any help I would really appreciate it!

#2 ·
i was wondering if anybody could tell me if i put a smog pump eliminator set-up on my 90 c4 if the check engine light stays on because when you remove the smog pump the tube from that goes to the passenger side to that breather unit with two computer connections on it, that is why i would think the light probably will come on and stay on, also should the e.g.r. Be blocked off too?
Thanks any help i would really appreciate it!
The smog pump draws negligible power. Removal to clean up under the hood is the only valid considferation. The egr is closed at wot. No gain in power by eliminating it. Only a loss in fuel mileage.

Race on!!!
Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.