Chevy Corvette Forum banner

C4's "get no respect"

41K views 128 replies 57 participants last post by  fishslayer143@yahoo.com 
#1 ·
Does any C4 owner feel they get less respect when coming up against the other generations?
It does seem that way sometimes, do you have an "event to vent"

#79 ·
C3's are gnarly as hell. I wish they could handle like my C4, or better yet, I wish I had the money and know how to make them handle like my C4. My C4 is lowered with poly-urethane bushings all around, that thing floats around corners like nothing I've ever been in.

And although most disagree with the way they look, even putting 90's nostalgia aside, they're pretty sweet. They tend to grow on ya, and they don't completely stand out in a crowd which is nice.

#81 · (Edited)
It's cause everybody wants a do-all-things-for-all-man-kind car. "I need 50mpg, seating for 5, all wheel drive for bad weather, bluetooth and an input for my iphone and i pod, heated leather and navigation....but it has to do the 1/4 mile in 13 seconds all while towing my friends jet ski with the ac on."

The result is what you see to today except for your high end cars...overpriced watered down piles of cheap plastic wrapped in an all too ugly body that do a little bit of everything but a whole lot of nothing.

In my opinion, this is why the Mustang is selling like crazy. Ford stuck to a tried and proven concept (the muscle car), modernized it, priced it reasonably, and sold it.

#82 ·
I have 5 brothers, and 3 of them have or did have a 'Vette. My '89 being the newest. The brother that owns a nice '61 Vette advised me to get the newest and nicest Vette I could afford. He totally loves my C4. The brother that owns a nice '72 convertible 'Vette loves his C3, and always hated the C4 just from what he's heard about them. He rode in my '89 one time, and his mind was changed forever. His '72 is a dog in comparison to performance in ride, handling, and power. Oh... my sister had a brand new '81 C3.... and that thing was a rattle trap compared to my C4, according to her.

#83 ·
I went to 1 car show a few years ago in my C4 and I pulled up and asked where to park and the guy looked at the C4 and laughed and told me to park at the back near the fence. Basically I was parked next to the parking lot. I will never enter a car show again.

#106 ·
96 l t 4

:thumbsup3:Hey just got a 96 L T 4 44,000 Torch Red LUV the six speed. won three out of three so far 84-96 C4s .Car jumps up and goes,80 mph Rpms1800 down to 4th 95 5th 110 SLOOWLY into sixth . Had to change my pants when I got home Can't:burnout: say enough about this C 4. My 84 was OK but not even close to this:Irule::burnout::burnout:

#107 ·
c-4s get no respect

I have had two 86's and a 94. I currently have a 73 and a 2000. Any vette, any era is cool. This is why I think it truly is a lifestyle. i will always have a vette. I will wave to all vette owners as long as they show a little care for the quality of their vette.

If i were wealthy, i would have a vette from every era. i do not need a foreign car to show my status. My vettes are for me. And I am what I drive...

#117 ·
I was told that the last real corvette was the 81 by a C3 owner. I thought that was kinda ignorant as he looks at my 84. I prefer the non rusting C4 over the older ones. Oh by the way the C4 will out perform any older vette on a road course. I do like the C7 though. I don't like the C6 but I do like the C5.

But if you want to talk sexy this is my order.
C7
C3
C5
C4
C2
C1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.