Chevy Corvette Forum banner

got pulled over for no front license plate and blacked out taillites

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Lee Baxa 
#1 ·
i passed a highway patrol yesterday as he was driving in the left lane shooting radar at oncoming traffic on hwy 31 i was in the right lane I was not speeding he pulled me over and said the reason he pulled me over was for no front plate and no red rear reflector on back of car because my lights are blacked out with a blackout kit purchased. he ran my license and came back with a warning. i asked him if i needed totake the black out kit off the back tail lights and he said no that he only uses it as an excuse to pull people over and that i should never get a ticket for it. he never mentioned the front lplate again this is to let everyone know you can be pulled over at anytime with rear black out lights. just dont be doing nothing wrong and you should be fine:thumbsup3:

#3 ·
beware of newer officers though

:soapbox:there basically probable cause stops gives u a reason to stop the car look for evidence of more serious crimes i know a lot of young officers who still cite people for these minor equipment violations, yeah the laws exist for a reason and need to be followed but ive seen too many 75 year old women cited for the pettiest things License Plate lights out come on and they wonder why people dont like cops

#4 · (Edited)
They're stopping alot of us in San Antonio also for the same reasons. This is reason why I only blacked out my reverse lights. In Texas, you can get ticketed for no rear reflectors. It happened to me. I was told the blackout lenses were for " Off Road Use Only". As I stated in a previous thread on this same topic, it all depends on the mood of the cop that pulled you over. It's sad that our LEO's aren't all on the same sheet of music.:duel::nunu:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.