Chevy Corvette Forum banner

I want to make my Vette Faster any ideas

11K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  Ron222 
#1 ·
I want to make my vette faster I don't want to change anything in the engine, it's a 2002 and it's still stock I only have 20,000 miles on it gan I fet some ideas on how to improve on it's speed. I was thinking about putting in a new Fidanza clutch will this make any difference? Intake? Exhaust what will make her faster?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·

Let me know if you wanna know anymore about something like this. It should be enough for you not to use all you have before thinking you better let off it... :thumbsup3: And it is all bolt on, stock LS6 even heads and cam, nice pulling from about 2050 Rpms all the way to 6750 nice torque curve, and making about 565TQ.... Plus I liked the looks of a polished maggie as my personal choice.

#18 ·
I wanted to do the same without spending too much $$$. I opted for a tune and a VaraRam intake. I have the A4 in my 2004 vert so the transmission tuning adds to the difference, but the overall difference is AMAZING, the change is far from suttle.

I just had it done in October, so here in CT I haven't had much time to really appreciate it, got to wait until spring. No stop watches to document the difference yet but to give you an idea, when I use to kick it down at 35-40 MPH it would take off pretty good and maybe get a little chirp when it shift into second. Now if I kick it down at 35 it downshifts into first and just tears the tires loose! Smokin!!! No more little chirp shifting into second either, it's another whole length of strips behind me!

You just can't get anywhere close to that much difference by changing the exhaust.

Rich :burnout:

#22 ·
First, lets define "faster"

there's quicker (which refers to acceleration) and faster (which refers to top speed)

I've calculated that with most moficiations you end up spending about $20-30 per extra rwhp assuming you do the installation yourself.

Some modifications like Aftermarket TCs, Clutches and rear ends will net you no additional power, but give you significantly better acceleration.

#24 ·
I'm afraid my knowledge of M6 cars is limited.
popular low cost upgrades include:

- ported/aftermarket throttlebodies
- long tube headers
- True cold air intakes

More expensive but effective modifications include:

- roots/twin-screw blowers
- aftermarket gears
- larger motors

#32 ·
Oh yea has to be truth just ask greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.