Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Passenger door electronics

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  LS1vette 
#1 ·
Passenger door has decided to malfunction on the 99 coupe. Window won't roll down, door lock won't work, and mirror will not move. Looks like all electronics have decided to quit. Is there a relay that I need to find or is there something else going on?
:z1-2:

#2 ·
First thing to check is fuses if good pull the panel off here is a step by step .... 1 Lower the window completely, turn the engine off and disconnect the negative battery (-) cable.

Locate the small rectangular panel behind the interior door pull. Use a flat-head screwdriver or a pry tool to remove the panel.

Remove the two TORX screws from behind the panel. Use a T-30 TORX screwdriver to remove them.

Pull the interior door handle open and locate the small slots at the top and bottom of the plastic cover. Use the slots to pry off the panel.

Insert the flat-head screwdriver into the bottom part of the door courtesy-light lens. Wrap the tip of the screwdriver with a cloth to protect the panel from scratches. Push the screwdriver up to disengage the bottom clip and then remove the lens.

Grasp the door panel around the bottom (you can use the courtesy-light cavity for support) and pull the panel to disengage the clips. The panel is attached by six clips: two on each side, except for the top. Once you have one section disengaged, move to another.

Carefully pull the panel away from the door a few inches. Locate the electrical connection behind the door panel (power window and lock harness) and press the tab to disconnect the panel.

Then check the harness to see if it has become disconnected,if not check for power to switches.

#3 ·
Before you do all that , wiggle the "accordian" and see if that makes a difference
this is a common issue when the complete door goes kaput
I have to wiggle mine every 25k miles or so
I really should pull it and fix it.....

#6 ·
Thanks for the information. I have searched the vast knowledge base on SV and have found the general consensus is that the wiring in the accordion may be loose. I will check it when I put her to bed tonight. Thanks for all of the input. Good to have advice from others who have been there.

#5 ·
yeah , it happens all the time....I always try the easy stuff first....lol

#8 ·
shush ! you might jinx him !

:smilielol5:

#11 ·
yea !
sooner or later I need to pull mine out , so far it's later.....
you may have to also

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.