Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Anyone else have a C5 they hardley ever drive ?

7K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  tomorrowland 
#1 ·
I have a 99 C5 that I only have 33,000 miles on because I hardley ever drive it. I've had this car for 15 years but for most of it's life it has stayed in the garage under a cover with a battery tender. I start it up every so often and put leather conditioner on the seats but that's about it. I considered selling it but just couldn't let it go for what I see them priced at. Just wondered if there is anyone else out there like me. I figured I would just hang on to it because if I sell it I could never replace it. I'm about to turn 60 and retired so I don't want to take on any debt. I also have a Harley which I seem to enjoy a lot more than the C5. I've put 32,000 miles on it in 4 years.

#2 ·
A good friend of mine has a 2006 Z06 that stays in the garage covered up most of it's life. He doesn't want to put any miles on it and is constantly bragging that his vette only has 6,000 miles on it and it's almost 9 years old. To me, this is very sad.

To each his own I guess. :cheers:

#4 ·
230,000 miles on mine

#9 ·
I understand exactly what your saying, I know guys with Harleys that never ride them but like to brag that they have them. When I bought my vette I had every intention of driving it. As gas prices kept rising I let the vette sit more and more, took the bike instead. Now I keep thinking all my toys are paid for and I'm retired so I'll just hang on to what I have. If I ever start having any physical problems that make the bike a problem I will definately drive the vette more. I just had a funny thought, ever feel like you need someone to pull you out of the drivers seat after you park. The other day I saw a vette in the parking lot with a handicap license plate. I thought man it's hard enough to get out when your not handicaped.

#17 ·
Just cracked 240,000

#18 ·
Our 06 had 24000 on it when I bought it for Jamie in 2010. It is now close to 60000. We did 1300 miles in one day 2 years ago coming home from Utah.

#19 ·
I did 3400 in 3 days .

#21 ·
Will get out at all cost

Waited so long to be able to own a Vette that even with bad knees and back,will drive it almost every day .It is not a cool sight when I do get in and out but I'm 67 and don't care,I'm in my dream car!
Never had a car,much less a super car,growing up so this is a little price to pay for the experience.
Take care Tomorrowland

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.