Chevy Corvette Forum banner

E-Prom or complete computer changeout?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  InjectorsPlus 
#1 ·
Currently replacing the 350 in my 87 C4 with a 383 stroker(the 350 threw a rod so what the heck, why not?). Anyway, can anyone provide some feedback regarding changes to my eprom or computer? Or can I try starting and tuning with everything the way it is now? I know there's got to be someone out there who's been down this path before, or someone who knows somebody else that 's done it. Appreciate any help or advice in this area. Thanks.

#4 ·
I am begrudgingly going to an aftermarket setup. I am tuning around my 427 with the stock ECU for years, I'm tired of it.

I'm going to use a MOTORVATION ECU. I like these for a couple reasons.

1. THey are inexpensive compared to the competition. About $2000 loaded. (my sale price) including wide band O2.

2. It only has 5 screens for tuning. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to make this work. Everything is consolidated into easy to understand pages.

3. They strip out all the fancy stuff our C4s don't need and don't use. We don't need coil packs and cam timing.

4. I am going to be selling them and before I put them on the website, I want to do an installation in MY CAR before putting them up for sale. If I don't know how to use it, I can't promote it as a product.

I'll be taking some pictures and video of the installation with screen shots for everyone.

I suspect these will be a great solution for our C4s from a price/quality standpoint.

This system is in use for 1500-3000 HP cars (my typical customer base) running alcohol and 7 sec 1320s. So it's proven, can't wait to see what it does in the street. Legends like Musi are using it, so it works.

#3 ·
Is this a do it yourself tune or are you going to farm it out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.