Chevy Corvette Forum banner

C2 under dash water leaks

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Tyler Townsley 
#1 ·
I've owned my 66 roadster since 1973. When it rains I get drips on each side of the dash. I have the body off & want to repair this problem. Can it be done without removing the front end? If I have to remove the front end Does anybody have Info. about the best way to remove & reinstall the front? Thanks.

#2 ·
If only the carpet gets wet, it can be that the drain holes for the side plenums in the underbody are clogged up with debris - the holes are about 2" rearward of the #1 body mount bolts. Water enters the plenum chambers through the cowl grille vents, and if it can't drain, it rises and "wicks" into the cabin through the bottom of the side kickpad vents.

If it's actually dripping from up behind the dash, the lower outboard corners of the windshield opening in the birdcage may be rusted out, or it may be dripping from the wiper transmissions due to bad sealing where they attach to the bottom side of the wiper plenum panels.

Have someone pour water into the cowl vent grilles on each side and see where the water is coming from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.