Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Transmission Shake?

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  duvalboy2458 
#1 ·
Does anyone know anything about transmission "shake" in the 06 Z06?

I have read where this wheel hop like sensation is supposed to be due to inadequate transmission mounts. A company called Pfadt supposedly has aftermarket mounts that will eliminate the problem.

It is very unnerving to try to accelerate sharply, and have the tranny feel like it is trying to bang it's way out of the vehicle.

Comments? Answers?:1zhelp:

#2 · (Edited)
Pfadt C6 Trans/Diff Mounts

William D,

There are 2 things going on. In some cases it's the powertrain moving and in other cases it's wheel hop.

The Pfadt powertrain mounts were developed for the for exactly what you're describing! The Corvette is unique in the fact that the powertrain is a complete unit from the engine to the diff. The factory mounts are very soft and allow the powertrain to move a lot. When the tires slip, gain traction, slip the powertrain shifts on the soft factory mounts, this sometimes feels like wheel hop.

Our mounts hold the powertrain in place and eliminate excessive movement thus minimizing that sensation. I would recommend installing the engine and trans mounts together as it is a complete system. If you were planning on doing one or the other I would say the engine mounts would be more important.

Retail $250

Retail $290

Please feel free to call or email us anytime. We're always happy to answer your questions and point you in the right direction. We can also recommend a dealer/install shop in your area! :beerbang:

Jordan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.