Chevy Corvette Forum banner

F55 magnetic Selective ride control

19K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  PB1968 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2003 50th anniversary edtion w/ F55 magnetic selective ride control. I want to convert the suspension to regular shocks. Is it possibe?
I know you have to find a dealer with the techII to convert but many won't do it or they say they don't know how to do it.
Any suggestions will be helpful.

#2 ·
:welcometoourcl
yes it's easy
swap the shocks and install simulators
or
Here is the information about bypassing the F55 option with a Tech II:

1. Hook up your Tech II (Driver's footwell), turn the car ON, make sure the module in the left rear storage compartment (pull back the velcro lining on the front of the compartment) is plugged in. DO NOT UNPLUG THIS MODULE.

2. Now use the Tech II to delete the F45 option (F55 option does not appear on the Tech II menu screen - SO - DELETE THE F45 OPTION.
(use the screen captures - steps 2-14)

3. Save the new configuration

4. DO NOT TURN THE CAR OFF AND DO NOT REMOVE THE TECH II. Go to the module in the rear of the car, unplug the GRAY connector - IT IS THE WIDEST ONE - leave the other 1 (F/45) or 2 (F/55) plugged in.

5. Turn off the car but LEAVE THE TECH II PLUGGED IN.

6. Remove remaining plugs from module in the rear of the car - Never plug them back in again, if you do the F/45 turns on automatically.

7. Now the moment of TRUTH - Turn the car on and verify that the dreaded - MAX SPEED 80 MPH - is gone. This message was only present if you had already disconnected the shock sensors. Some people have had to disconnect their battery to allow the computer to reset to remove this message, but I would confirm with the Tech II that the F/45 was actually deleted first and if not reconnect everything and start again with step 1.

8. Unplug the Tech II - Get in the car and take it for a ride.

Reactions: RAY55
#6 ·
F55 shock replacement

Thanks for the info, took the info to my local deasler spoke to the tech and gave him the info. Had to wait for replacement shocks (Z06). Went back last monday and the disconnect worked fine, replaced the shocks and car rides just fine.
Thanks for all of the help.

#7 ·
:yay::banana::beer-fresh::cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.