Chevy Corvette Forum banner

B&B Bullets Exhaust Question

4K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  reddvette - deactivated 
#1 ·
Ok, I'm ready. I have a 2000 6sp manual coupe with stock exhaust. After paying a few bills this weekend, I decided I am financially ready to upgrade my exhaust to the B&B Bullets quad tip set up from Billy Boat Exhaust. I have been watching many clips on YouTube and I love the lower tone that it emits. I am a little bit concerned at how loud it will be. I DO like to get into the throttle every now and then. I DON'T want to attract cops or annoy other drivers. Does anyone on here have this same exhaust? If so, please comment. I was just about to place my order with Southern Car Parts but I stopped and posted on here.:burnout:

#3 ·
Billy Boats can be pretty loud but they do make an exhaust system that has an on/off switch for the exhaust. Basically you just get an extra key fob and you can choose 1 of 2 settings, either fully open of closed. When the system is closed you get a nice sound while still being able to have a conversation in the car and won't attract cops but you open it up watch out cause that system is badass.

#4 ·
I have them on my 97. At first I just had the b&b's on and sounded good till you got around 1500 RPM then what a drone inside the car Man it was hard on the ears! If you were above it or below it it was ok. But now I have XS power headers and 3 inch pipes hooked to it and what a diffrence that made , No more drone , extra HP ,good crusing tone , But what a sound when you hit throtle. Don't let any one kid you, it is loud when you put your foot in it!

#10 ·
QUOTE=reddvette;531140]Ok, I'm ready. I have a 2000 6sp manual coupe with stock exhaust. After paying a few bills this weekend, I decided I am financially ready to upgrade my exhaust to the B&B Bullets quad tip set up from Billy Boat Exhaust. I have been watching many clips on YouTube and I love the lower tone that it emits. I am a little bit concerned at how loud it will be. I DO like to get into the throttle every now and then. I DON'T want to attract cops or annoy other drivers. Does anyone on here have this same exhaust? If so, please comment. I was just about to place my order with Southern Car Parts but I stopped and posted on here.:burnout:[/QUOTE]

They drone too much. Go with CORSA.:thumbsup3:

#11 ·
Thanks IceDuDe after alot of thought and research I'm thinking about changing my mind to the Corsa Extreme system. Everything I have heard on YouTube etc. is good. I'm going after the deepest tone I can find but I dont want something that will get too much louder if I go with headers in the future. I was thinking of just starting out with the Extreme axleback first because of cost and doing the X-pipe later. What do you think?:burnout:

#18 ·
This is a very old post that I actually started and someone has revived. I was seriously considering B&B Bullets for awhile but I eventually decided to go with the Corsa X-Treme axle back system. I now have that joined up to a set of ARH long tube headers w/cats. There is a very slight drone at 1500rpm now that the headers are in the system but it is in no way annoying to me. The sound at WOT is phenomenal. In fact I'm cracking a smile as I'm typing this! LOL:burnout:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.