DIY - Junkman's Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement/Relocate - Page 2 - SmokinVette.com Forums
SmokinVette.com Home
  • Corvette Forum
  • Login to Corvette Forums
  • SmokinVette.com
  • About SmokinVette.com
  • Corvette Forum
  • Corvette Gallery
  • Corvette Parts
  • Corvette Yellow Pages
SmokinVette.com Forums : General Corvette Forums : Do It Yourself Forum : C5 Corvette Do It Yourself Forum : DIY - Junkman's Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement/Relocate
C5 Corvette Do It Yourself Forum
1997 - 2004 Corvettes

Old 08-22-2011, 06:12 AM   #11
Junkman2008
Smokin 1000HP Twin Turbo Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerBrian View Post
I just wanted to say thank you for this well put together thread. I am an old shade-tree mechanic that hates to pay someone else to work on my car and the task of removing the intake to do a simple 10 min job was complicated by my lack of knowledge with anything that doesn't have a carburetor. Your pictures and step by step write up were priceless. I took my time; cleaned and replaced things I wouldn't have had access to otherwise and installed the relocation kit so I will never have to bother again with that sensor should it fail. Oh, and by the way - mine did fail with the "Low Oil Pressure" warning. Nice having a mechanical gauge to tell me the truth! I am a computer guy by trade and used to following directions; I really appreciate you taking the time to do this - big help! I am back in business
Well what a coincidence! I own a computer consulting firm! I guess we geeks have the same mindset and ability to follow directions. Thanks for chiming in. I can relate to that carburetor comment! I too found these motors to look foreign to me at first glance but once I found the service manual, I've been tinkering ever since.

If you want to see even more of my write-ups, I post them over at Digital Corvettes. I just posted one on the AC compressor, accumulator and orifice. Quite a job but if I can do it, you should have no problem.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #12
B3mt1
Smokin Member

Hy guys, I am using this sensor for measuring oil pressure but on different engine. What is the electrical pin-out on sensor ?
B3mt1 is offline   Send a Private Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Share This Thread
  • Submit Thread to Digg
  • Submit Thread to del.icio.us
  • Submit Thread to Facebook
  • Submit Thread to StumbleUpon
  • Submit Thread to MySpace
  • Submit Thread to Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Google