Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Stereo Install pics

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MarxZiesXR 
#1 ·
Hello all. I know there has been a few reluctant to install their own stereo so I thought some pics from my install would help. Right now I'm only to the pulling it apart step. The head unit I bought was bad so I have to return it and get a new one. More pics to come. Hope you enjoy these.

This first pic above shows you the center console arm rest. You will note there is a bolt pointed to in the pic. Those bolts are directly below the active handling button (which pops out). Be careful because you have to disconnect it from the harness before getting it out of the way completely. Once you remove the active handling button you will then remove the cigarette lighter in the glove box. This is easily done by unscrewing it from itself. Next step is to remove those two bolts. Now the back end is loose.:woowoo:

Now were working on loosening the forward part of the center console.
First step is to pop off the square cover (gently) with a flathead screw driver. This is located to the left of the ignition.
The second step is to remove star screws from that square cover.
Third step is remove more star screws from where the area around where the ash tray is located as well. Now the front part is loose.

I'm not sure if this is necessary or not but I found it helpful. I removed the center arm pad. When you open it work it ever so slightly and it will extend enough to remove the screws that hold it.

Now we are all ready to remove center console shroud. Before you can do this you will need to pull your emergency brake back, and your shifter back as well too before. Once those are done slowly start working it out. Be slow and gentle this is plastic we are talking about.

Now as far as installing your stereo each is a little different. All you need is a wiring harness and install kit for the radio. That will be on you!
Well I hope this helps at least one person. If so that makes me happy. This is off of a 99C5 so keep that in mind. Yours may vary to some extent. Good luck!

See less See more
#2 ·
don't forget about the Antenna adapter, and keep in mind, that there are several different wiring harnesses out there for the C5. Your factory set up will dictate which harness you need. Good post :rockon6rk:

#4 ·
Yep that's what I'm doing now too. Because my car has retained power until the doors open it's going to require a special adapter to make it work. Now I just have to see where I can find the best deal on one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.